Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when trying to select Storage option.

Solved!

App crashes when trying to select Storage option.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

LG Stylo 2 V

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently put in a larger SD card since the last was pitifully small and the internal storage is close to full. Wanting to move my ~8 gb of songs to the SD card I went into the options and tried to select Storage at the bottom and for a moment it begins bringing up the two storage options, but before I can click anything (the options are still greyed out as they load up) the app crashes. It's still running but it kicks me to the home screen. If I go back into it from being minimized its back to the home screen of Spotify. Trying again results in the same issue, even after removing all downloaded playlists and resetting the phone. 

Any advice or clue why this might be happening? Just trying to free some space on my phone is all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Wyldbob117,

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend you try enabling the permission for storage options for Spotify if it's disabled. This can be accessed by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage. Note: Menu order may vary on different devices.

After this check your SD card for errors and perform a clean reinstall of the app following these steps:

1. Remove the SD card from the device.
  2. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  5. Tap Storage > Clear Data.
  6. Tap Uninstall.
  7. Go to Google Play and install the Spotify app.

Note: After clearing doing this, all your downloaded song will be erased, and will have to be re-downloaded once you go back online.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out here again.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have a Sony xperia I forget the specifics but it's the same sd card for me I used to store song on it but now it won't 

Marked as solution

Hey there @Wyldbob117,

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend you try enabling the permission for storage options for Spotify if it's disabled. This can be accessed by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage. Note: Menu order may vary on different devices.

After this check your SD card for errors and perform a clean reinstall of the app following these steps:

1. Remove the SD card from the device.
  2. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  5. Tap Storage > Clear Data.
  6. Tap Uninstall.
  7. Go to Google Play and install the Spotify app.

Note: After clearing doing this, all your downloaded song will be erased, and will have to be re-downloaded once you go back online.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out here again.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reinstalling it and selecting storage under permissions seemed to work, though I don't have an option to select Storage under Other in Spotify's settings, it has access to the SD card jusging by the Storage Bar's readout on space available.

I followed the instructions and the app still crashes. The SD card worked perfectly on my V20, but now I've put it on a new V30.

Suggested posts