Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy 10+

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Spotify will not stay open since last update. I have followed all available FAQ to correct these issues. Lost 1/2 of my saved podcast episodes, personal playlists will not open (blank screen only) then crashes app. Liked songs, my episodes, new episodes have disappeared after the 8th reinstall (yes I counted). Curated playlists take up to 2 minutes to load, then crashes before I can play a song. If a song does start, playback is delayed or nonexistent. Have modified all playback settings in case something was the magic fix, but nothing. No new android updates, seem to have issues after EVERY spotify update. I stopped using my SD card over a year ago because your app was having issues, so only uses device storage.

4 Replies

Hey @KBruno,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you try with a different account and see if the app behaves the same way? If a family member has a Spotify account, it would be great if you can ask them to log in on your device to test.

In case you're still experiencing this, it'd be great if you try using the app on a different network. If possible, ask a friend or a member of your family to start a hotspot for you and use that network to check if that issue still persists. If this is not possible - try with another Wi-Fi connection instead.

On another note, do you experience the same behavior when logged in to another device (your laptop for example) or on the Web Player?

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, looks like the problem is with my profile and not a device or network. Unsure how this can be fixed, at this point I am looking into canceling my account. Thank you

Hey @KBruno,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the app works with a different account, check if you're following any large playlists (if yes, please unfollow them) and whether you have a substantial number of tracks saved in your Liked Songs playlist (if yes, try moving them to playlists).

Before proceeding with this though, it's best to make sure that the Spotify app is set as an exception in any memory- or battery-optimizing services that might be causing issues when using an account with more content saved on it.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, Great suggestions, but I have to be able to access ANY playlist in order to unfollow. Liked songs crashes when I try to load.
I'll just close this ticket & cancel my account.
Thank you for everyone's assistance.

Suggested posts