Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashing when I click on the song in search bar

App crashing when I click on the song in search bar

When I want to listen to the certain song or find some artists via search, I type in for example "Nirvana". Songs or artists pops up, but when I click on the wanted song/artist/playlist app crashes and if I was listening to a song that moment it stops playing.
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try to log out > restart your device > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

It is a good idea to clear cached files following this steps and check your battery saving features.

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

In case it does, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. This'll get you the latest Spotify version with all necessary updates and fixes and it'll also remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I had this issue after updating the app as well. I followed all the steps suggested by Lyubka and it finally works again after deleting and re-downloading the app. Thank you Lyubka!

Hey @1196320484,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂 

If you ever have any questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts