Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App keeps forcing me to log back in.

App keeps forcing me to log back in.

Maybe this is intended, but... if I restart the phone or end the app via task manager I have to login again when I open it back up. This occurs with both Facebook credentials and Spotify credentials. Once I'm logged in, it seems fine but... the iOS app definitely does not do this.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and deleted the cache for it with no luck. I'm running a Nexus 4 w/ 4.2.1.

9 Replies

I am having exactly the same problem. I am using also a Nexus 4 with the same version of Android. It is quite annoying...

It doesn't do this to me. (It only does this if I change my ANDROID_ID).

Well, it seems that it is not doing the same anymore, at least not today. I clear cache and reinstall, and still the same problem. However, I reboot the Nexus 4 and today, it didn't ask for my user/password again 🙂

Same here - on a Nexus 7. Everytime i startup Spotify, i have to reenter my login credentials. On my SGS2 - it doesn't happen.

I have reinstalled Spotify, cleared the Cache, rebooted my Tab - no change. 

@flash_radwar wrote:

Same here - on a Nexus 7. Everytime i startup Spotify, i have to reenter my login credentials. On my SGS2 - it doesn't happen.

This doesn't happen on my Nexus, hmmm.

Are you running low on storage space?

LiamW schrieb:

@flash_radwar wrote:

This doesn't happen on my Nexus, hmmm.

Are you running low on storage space?

Nope. 11,xx GB free.

I did a complete wipe of my Nexus 7 and the problem still exists. 

Android Version 4.2.1

Kernel 3.1.10-g22b4fcd

Build: JOP40D

edit: I can't explain it, now it's fixed. Weird! Server-Side changes?

I can confirm, that on my Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.1 rebooting the devices solved the problem.

I was having this issue too on my Galaxy s3 and my nexus 7. Here is how I fixed it on both devices:

Play a song and then press the home button so it keeps playing. Then use the recent apps function to close spotify with the music still playing. Then go back into spotify. Now close spotify and close it in task manager. Now it doesn't require log in any more.

I only had to do this once on GS3. I did it a lot more on nexus 7 but it eventually worked. My wife has an iphone 5 and I have a GS3 the quality difference between the two apps is huge. Something needs to happen to this android app its not even close to as good. 

Suggested posts