Premium

Country

UK

Device

Honor 9 Lite

Operating System

Android 92

My Question or Issue

Following a restart of my phone I attempted to launch Spotify, it then asked me to log in with username/password (unusual as it wouldn't normally do so) which I did. I then found that my none of my previously downloaded tracks were available however, the app began re-downloading these tracks. So far so good, however, the downloads stopped after a few tracks and I couldn't get the app to continue despite the fact there was ample room on my phone and a stable Internet connection. After clearing the app data and a phone restart, I still wasn't getting anywhere, so I uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it. It again asked me to log in, only this time it briefly showed an insufficient space error message (although my phone definitely has room) before shutting itself down. I'm now stuck with this state, even after clearing the data again and re-installing the app continues to close almost immediately after logging in. I've no idea what else I can do and I'm not sure what I've done to cause this either. Any help is appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @phil437,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Are you using an SD card with your device?

If so, let's try performing a clean uninstallation of the app by following these steps, then remove the SD card and reinstall the Spotify app. Sometimes Spotify will often work better on a phone's internal memory.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @phil437,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Are you using an SD card with your device?

If so, let's try performing a clean uninstallation of the app by following these steps, then remove the SD card and reinstall the Spotify app. Sometimes Spotify will often work better on a phone's internal memory.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Turns out the app was indeed trying to save data onto the SD card (not sure why it had done this though as it had previously been on the internal storage) but up and running again, cheers for the advice! 🙂

Hey @phil437,

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out! If you need a hand with anything else, just give me a shout 🙂

spotify:playlist:63XpyubibSokvW1UvGgkBM:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts