Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App on Ice Cream Sandwich isn't working

Solved!

App on Ice Cream Sandwich isn't working

Hi guys,

What's being done to resolve the problem of the Android app crashing every time it tries to open on Androids running on Ice cream Sandwich? Android Market is full of reports of this: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spotify.mobile.android.ui&hl=en (sort by newest). I love paying for my premium service, but if the mobile portion won't work then that's a huge problem! 

Thanks.

22 Replies

Unfortunately none of the above is working for me now.

Galaxy Nexus GSM on Android 4.02

I force stopped it, cleared the app data through settings, uninstalled, mounted my phone and deleted Android/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.

Reinstall and launching the app results in a seconds black screen and then quit. No messages.

The only thing I've noticed is that I occasionally see a com.android.media force close message now and again.

Also I have a very long playlist (my Starred list - 230 tracks - 15 hours) that I had synced offline. I suspected this might have had something to do with performance and force close issues I saw before the whole thing went kaput.

Sorry if I'm repeating, just sharing info to hopefully help a fix. I pay for Premium for the mobile app. Please at least give us a rough timeline.

Cheers,

Ben

@licenced wrote:
To get it working again (in the short term) you can try a couple of things. First is to locate and delete the spotify folder on the SD card - /Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui). Second is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

The first method normally works for me - at least for a few days until it starts happening again. Makes syncing tracks for offline use a bit pointless though.

I can confirm deleting the folder helps. Dunno for how long though.

Suggested posts