Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't open after update

Solved!

App won't open after update

App updated today - now it won't open. Uninstalled and tried again, several times - still no luck! I get a blank image - nothing! Any ideas? Thanks -

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know it's an old post, but removing and putting the sd card back solved the problem for me!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Me neither.

My Wife's phone HTC desire S (Android 2.3.5, software no. 3.13.4351.6) and mine HTC desire HD (Android 2.3.5, software no. 3.12.405.1) both stopped logging on after the update. Mine worked for a bit (before I logged off to test out what was going on with my wife's phone).

Now we both get 'logging in' and nothing (black blank screen on one occasion). Password checked and reset on the web.

Previously we were both using my (spotify) login on each device and using offline playlists - hs somthing changed with the licensing - strange both are kaput!

mine was doing that too. I cleared the cashe and storeage. turned off my phone and turned it back on. I tried opening it, got a blank white screen for a while, and then it finally opened. (droid bionic)

Cheers. Looks like if we logoff from spotify then we need to restart the phone to log back on - as bugs go not the most inconvenient.

Marked as solution

I know it's an old post, but removing and putting the sd card back solved the problem for me!

Thanks for sharing your solution 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

one in the same line: my dayghter just got a samsung gio - we had the same problem, but that was because we hadn't inserted the sd card that came in the package. did that, turned phone off and on, downloaded spotify directly and , bob's your uncle, we are now dancing 🙂

That is the case from time to time. Some devices seem to need the SD card as memory to be used.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts