Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects Issue

Audio Effects Issue

Seriously, what's going on with the audio effects issue on Samsung devices? How long is this going to continue without any meaningful response or attempt at resolution from Spotify? This has been going on for several months so although I am paying for a "premium" service, it sure doesn't feel like it any more. The Audio Effects made a huge difference so it is incredibly frustrating to have the option apparently still available, but nonfunctional. It stares me in the face and taunts me every time I open the app on my phone.

I know there have been several threads addressing this topic, but I can't recall seeing one response or post from anyone affiliated with Spotify. It would at the very least be reassuring to know that Spotify acknowledges the problem. And it would make me feel a whole lot better about giving Spotify my money every month if I knew that they were concerned about making sure their Premium members can actually use all the features of the service.

Feeling a little neglected...
9 Replies

Just bumping this as the situation is infuriating, and the lack of response from Spotify on the matter is insulting to subscribers. Can anyone confirm whether this is still the issue when the phones are updated to Android 4.4? The app is pretty much useless without audio effects working, I'd rather just not have music on at all. 

I have a Note 3 running android 4.4.2 an have no problem with audio effects. @Flatasapancake do you have any other equaliser or adaptsound turned on? What device are you using is audio effects not making any difference to the sound output through earphones?

Using an S4, have tried turning adaptsound on and off and installing, using and uninstalling third-party equilisers. Audio Effects does work but only on local files. 

I am also using a S4 and my issues started about a month after I got it last August. I then tried several of the fixes suggested on other posts without any success. But the real issue is the fact that we shouldn't have to resort to band-aid fixes and trying to "trick" the app into letting us get what should already be a functional part of the service.

Yep, seriously annoyed. It's not right to tie people into these long contracts that they can't get out of despite the lacklustre service. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time putting playlists and playlist folders together on Spotify and have perfected my library. Simply using Deezer, Google Play Music etc won't do either, as they all use the same stock equaiiser as Spotify.

Thinking of blaming Samsung really. In any case, I'm currently stuck with this phone for another 22 months and am sadly listening to audio of the same quality, depth, integrity, enjoyability and dynamics I would expect from a home-made third-generation compilation cassette circa 1991. Only worse.

Whoever is to blame (and I'm thinking it may be Samsung considering the fact that the problem persists with other streaming services), I'm very tempted to try to get out of this £50+ per month contract. Flat music is not worth listening to! 

Can anyone confirm or deny that the problem persists with Android 4.4., as it's 4.3 that seems to have caused the issue?

RESPOND AT LEAST PLEASE SPOTIFY?!!!

I don't think Spotify is the one to blame, seeing as the problem exists with other music apps aswell. I can understand you're annoyed, so am I. But the problem lies with Samsung, not Spotify.

And no, I don't work for Spotify 🙂

This is fixed for me now that 4.4. has been installed - hope others have the same luck. 

I just installed the update to 4.4 on my S4 and the audio effects seem to be working again.  Although, it still attenuates the volume when the effects are turned on, and the volume spikes briefly when skipping tracks.  I guess I should just be happy that it's working...

This is still an issue and has been an issue for over a year now. Why wont anyone respond?

@Flatasapancake wrote:

Just bumping this as the situation is infuriating, and the lack of response from Spotify on the matter is insulting to subscribers. Can anyone confirm whether this is still the issue when the phones are updated to Android 4.4? The app is pretty much useless without audio effects working, I'd rather just not have music on at all. 

Suggested posts