Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I've been listening to "Tress of the Emerald Sea" on Spotify since it's not on Audible. This is my first go at listening to audiobooks on Spotify. It's been fine for the most part. My only issue has been that sometimes when I go from listening to the book in my car, to playing music from my account on my desktop, then going back to to the audiobook later, the Android app sometimes seems to treat the chapters like podcast episodes. This manifests in a random podcast episode starting to play after a chapter is completed instead of the next chapter starting as expected. This doesn't happen every time. The only difference I can find between when it does and doesn't happen is that the Now Playing on the Android app will show the music instead of the audiobook when it doesn't act as expected. 

1 Reply

Hey @jessdalioness,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, it's possible you have some podcast episodes or songs in the queue ready to start playing. So, we'd recommend you check if there's something on the queue to play next. If yes, you can clear the queue, you first have to locate it by following the steps in this article. Then you can hit the Clear queue button to see if you notice any difference.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're currently on the affected device?

Lastly, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you see in the queue when you are playing an audiobook right before changing the device and the content you're playing?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts