Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Spotify from tracking out of app activity

In a resent update with my phone (Samsung), it stated that Spotify would be able to track my out-of-app activity for better music recommendations. I don't want this service, and the Spotify setting do not allow for restricting this. (I am not referri...

• In a resent update with my phone (Samsung), it stated that Spotify would be able to track my out-of-app activity for better music recommendations. I don't want this service, and the Spotify setting d...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Smart shuffle?

Hi, I could swear that I got the smart shuffle feature in my app a month ago or so but when I check today, it isn't there anymore?

• Visitor
  • Hi, I could swear that I got the smart shuffle feature in my app a month ago or so but when I check today, it isn't there anymore?
  • Nordica
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Playback Issue on ColorOS 13

Plan PremiumDevice Oppo Reno 8Z 5GOperating System ColorOS 13, Android 13 My Question or IssueAfter updating to ColorOS 13, everytime I switch apps, the Spotify app pauses for 3-5secs then plays again. It also happens when I lock and unlock the scree...

• Plan Premium Device Oppo Reno 8Z 5G Operating System ColorOS 13, Android 13   My Question or Issue After updating to ColorOS 13, everytime I switch apps, the Spotify app paus...
  • amanda456
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Pixel Buds only pauses for 1 second

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGoogle Pixel 7 Pro + Google Pixel Buds ProOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueIf I launch my music through the phone (e.g. open Spotify app and push play) then the pause / play touch control on the buds works.Howev...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Google Pixel 7 Pro + Google Pixel Buds Pro Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue If I launch my music through the phone (e.g. open ...
  • MissedAlarm-LostJob
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The volume on Spotify on my phone shows that it's up all the way but is low

Even though the volume level is at the highest level, it is still quiet. Volume is the same at the top levels. This only happens while in the Spotify app.

• Casual Listener
  • Even though the volume level is at the highest level, it is still quiet. Volume is the same at the top levels. This only happens while in the Spotify app.
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution supprimer tous les telechargements spotify d'un autre appareil pour ecouter

comment je fait pour telecharger mes musique quand jai mon ordinateur et mon telephone qui non aucun telechargement supprimer tous les telechargements spotify d'un autre appareil pour ecouter en mode hors connection avec celui ci

• Casual Listener
  • comment je fait pour telecharger mes musique quand jai mon ordinateur et mon telephone qui non aucun telechargement      supprimer tous les telechargements spotify d'un autre appare...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify always on my drop-down on my s22

When I do my drop down on my S22 Spotify is always there even when I slide it across and it leaves lime a notification would five it 20 mins and its back

• Visitor
  • When I do my drop down on my S22 Spotify is always there even when I slide it across and it leaves lime a notification would five it 20 mins and its back
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast show page not showing

When I search for a podcast on my android phone and click on it, it goes straight to the episode list. This means I can't follow (or unfollow..) a podcast.Thank you

• Visitor
  • When I search for a podcast on my android phone and click on it, it goes straight to the episode list. This means I can't follow (or unfollow..) a podcast. Thank you
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I need to change my billing date

I saw on Google that they said I should cancel my subscription and reinstate on the day that I want it debited but this is not workin, how do I change my billing date to a date that suits me

• Visitor
  • I saw on Google that they said I should cancel my subscription and reinstate on the day that I want it debited but this is not workin, how do I change my billing date to a date that suits me
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Update Spotify with the new Android 13 media controls

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 13My Question or IssueThe Spotify team should really update the app to support Android 13's new media controls. You can see in the screenshots to see the difference between Spotify and Y...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 5 Operating System Android 13 My Question or Issue The Spotify team should really update the app to support Android 13's new media controls. You c...
  • Jnss98b
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution no puedo escuchar las canciones que tengo descargadas sin conexión a intern

No puedo escuchar mis canciones que tengo descargadas sin conexión a internet, tengo el plan premium y al momento de no tener internet no puedo escuchar mis playlist descargadas, necesito que me den solución por favor.

• Visitor
  • No puedo escuchar mis canciones que tengo descargadas sin conexión a internet, tengo el plan premium y al momento de no tener internet no puedo escuchar mis playlist descargadas, necesito que me den ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Book Podcasts not Playing in Chronological Order

I'm trying to listen to a podcast that very much needs to stay in chronological order. When I set up the sorting so that the playlist looks in correct order, the queue still shows it backwards. When I change the Date arrow to the opposite direction, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to listen to a podcast that very much needs to stay in chronological order. When I set up the sorting so that the playlist looks in correct order, the queue still shows it backwards. When ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stop when open other App.

Hi,I am using sony wh 1000mx4 headphones and every time that i am opening another app the muaic turn off.The application doesn't produce any sound. For example i can open a web page and the music will turn off.Kindly advice if you have solution to th...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I am using sony wh 1000mx4 headphones and every time that i am opening another app the muaic turn off. The application doesn't produce any sound. For example i can open a web page and the mus...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Meine playlist der Woche beinhaltet jede Woche 50% ausgeblendete songs

Meine playlist der Woche beinhaltet jede Woche Songs, die ich als "bitte nicht spielen" markiert habe. Ich mag diese Songs nicht. Ich möchte sie nicht erneut vorgeschlagen bekommen. Obwohl sie markiert sind, werden sie vorgeschlagen. Warum?

• Regular
  • Meine playlist der Woche beinhaltet jede Woche Songs, die ich als "bitte nicht spielen" markiert habe. Ich mag diese Songs nicht. Ich möchte sie nicht erneut vorgeschlagen bekommen. Obwohl sie markie...
  • musambani
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to pause/stop spotify with alexa or google assistant

I have a spotify family plan with spotify installed on my fire tablet 10 plus. I have both alexa and google assistant installed. I can start spotify with both alexa and google assistant however I can't pause or stop spotify with either alexa or googl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify family plan with spotify installed on my fire tablet 10 plus. I have both alexa and google assistant installed.  I can start spotify with both alexa and google assistant however...
  • mgarnel
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs don't play at the beginning

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(Moto G Stylus 5G) My Question or IssueEvery so often, random songs won't play at the beginning, and before you ask,I do have crossfade on set to 8 seconds, but the song won't start at 8 seconds.The song starts a whole 1 min...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device (Moto G Stylus 5G)   My Question or Issue Every so often, random songs won't play at the beginning, and before you ask, I do have crossfade on set to 8 se...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Editing the playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hello, good evening. As a premium member, I'm inclined to bring up a suggestion for a better...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  H...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution sound cuts off in the middle of a song or podcast.

I'm using a Chromebook without the app, so just the website. The sound cuts off but the progress bar continues moving. I was talking with my daughter, we share an account, and she has the same problem. She is using Android samsung phone with the app....

• Visitor
  • I'm using a Chromebook without the app, so just the website. The sound cuts off but the progress bar continues moving. I was talking with my daughter, we share an account, and she has the same prob...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How i save user name and password

Want to save my log in password so i want have to type in everytime i want to log in

• Visitor
  • Want to save my log in password so i want have to type in everytime i want to log in
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes