Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 (Classic)

Operating System

WearOS 3

My Question or Issue

None of my playlists that are located within folders are showing up at all on my watch under My Library. I only see the few playlists that are located under the root level of playlists (i.e. not in any folder). I have numerous different visibility types (private/public/collab) for my own playlists, and very few followed playlists. It is definitely caused by the fact that they are in folders, and the watch is not looking through all folders. I do not have any recursive folders, just numerous single-level folders.

6 Replies

Hey @densik,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Playlists folders and subfolders can be made/found in the mobile and desktop app along with the Web Player. However, this feature is not yet available for Watches.

If you think other users would like to have this feature too, you can post it in our Ideas board. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I've tried to raise a new idea but they're paused. 

I run into this problem too. Very annoying this. You would expect if this is on your phone and desktop, that it would work the same for all devices. Or at least notify users in a way. Now I have to change all to get it working on my watch and probably mess up the way I use it on phone, desktop or media/cast device.

Same issue here.

ALSO can't seem to move playlists OUT of a folder once it's placed into one - so no way to access playlists on watch.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Pixel Watch 2

Operating System

Wear OS

My Question or Issue

Using the Pixel Watch 2 app I am able to download playlists and podcast episodes to the watch. These will show in the 'downloads', which is useful when out running so they can be easily accessed.

However I have found that if a playlist is stored in a folder, it will not show in 'downloads' when it has been downloaded. The only way to play the playlist is to navigate through 'your library', find the folder and then start the playlist.

This is an issue because navigating the Wear OS app is cumbersome, especially mid-workout. Also you have no way to see which playlists have been downloaded so must simply remember which are available when you have no internet connection. 

If this behaviour is the same for all users, I think it is probably unintended and should be identified as a bug. 

My post was moved here but it's a different issue. I can view all my playlists and folders on the watch app; it's just that they're not showing up in 'downloads' once downloaded.

Suggested posts