Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatically play playlist

Automatically play playlist

I am using Spotify on my OnePlus 7 Pro.

Up until a week or two ago, if I saved a playlist shortcut to my Home Screen via the "Add to Home Screen" option in the Spotify playlist settings and clicked on the shortcut, the playlist would open and automatically start playing. Since I had the playlist set to Shuffle, everytime I clicked the shortcut, it would randomize the song and automatically start playing.

Now, I noticed that if I click the shortcut, the playlist opens up but I need to manually click the play button for it to play. The playlist also won't shuffle automatically.

Is there a way I can get it to auto-play again upon opening the playlist shortcut?

3 Replies

I’m having a similar issue but it’s the other way round. It’s now started to play playlists I click on automatically and I don’t want it to do that. How do I turn it off?

I'm experiencing the same bug as Andrew explained above. One of my followed playlists automatically plays around 9pm every night, even if I force close Spotify in advance. Auto play is turned off in hopes of some jenky code finding attributes with that function, but no cigar. I have reinstalled Spotify many times and verified I don't have any other external apps (alarm clock) triggering the start to the music. This is a load **bleep**, and only happens on Android devices, I have signed into many different phones to verify this. I have been a premium subscriber for 6 years and expect better customer service than this.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

@Someone987 We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in again. If that doesn't do the trick, you can check these steps and run a clean reinstall.

@andrew_mctague We'll need a little bit more information so we can investigate this further. Can you send us a screen recording of what you are seeing when you click on the shortcut?

@Thegrantfoti It's a good idea to give the steps mentioned above a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't help, you can check if the access to a third-party app is allowed. If it is, you can go ahead and check these steps.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts