Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Spotify forgets last played song in playlist after resume several hours later

BUG: Spotify forgets last played song in playlist after resume several hours later

When playing music over Bluetooth (A2DP), it works fine.

Then I disconnect bluetooth it will be stopped  – that’s absolutely right and okay.

Now about 8 hours later, I want to resume at the song where it stopped. But spotify app totally forgot where it was…

It even doesn't remember the last played song of my playlist... 

So I always have to remember which song I played and then select the song manually later on.

App Version 0.5.1.15.g81977995

Android device:

Samsung Galaxy S2

Android 4.0.3

---------

Add your Kudos to the idea in the link below, which relates to this bug...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Store-playlist-position-on-Android-the-same-way-as-it-...

50 Replies

You're definitely not alone on that one.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

The problem seems not to be bluetooth related... without bluetooth I get the same ...

Yeah I don't use Bluetooth so it's nothing to do with that. I doesn't have to be several hours either - sometimes just half an hour later and it's lost it's place - when I go back to the app it shows the now-playing screen so it is aware it was playing something, but the queue is empty
----------------

I have the same problem, and did you fine any work around?

There is no workaround, it is happening for me too.

It makes the home screen widget totally useless.

I can confirm, no workaround.

I can confirm this also. I'v sometimes tried to fiddle around, but never got around the issue.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Yep. Same problem here. I desperately want the widget to work because its functionality is perfect for what I want. Instead, I'm relegated to using a tiny note widget above the player that I have to type the current song in when my session is over.

The iOS app does the same thing.

I recently switched to andriod and I was excited to see the home widget. The widget shows the last song that was playing, but after waiting some amount of time, the buttons do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

How is "saving your spot in your playlist" not the #1 freaking feature of a music app.

I think this could be cause of the app isn't connected to the servers. When its "disconnected" it looses the sync to the playlists and to the songs. When you try to resume it opens the connection and then some ID has changed (bit by bit) and then it just refuses to work.

Surely I'd love Spotify to fix this issue.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

It seemed they fixed it in the latest android 0.5.4.73 update...

- Behebung des Fehlers, der dazu führte, dass die Leiste Aktuelle Wiedergabe von Zeit zu Zeit
ausgeblendet wurde.

But it is NOT FIXED YET.

It still occurs.

I give up on this crappy software, I've been a subscriber for a long time but I am cancelling. I thought the Android version might be less buggy than than iOS version, boy was I wrong. This is a basic feature of a music playing app, TOTAL FAIL, SPOTIFY.

I believe there's been a couple of other threads related to something similar to this. It's worth pointing out that after several hours it's possible that many other apps have been opened, and in an effort to conserve memory, it closed down Spotify. 

However, there's a couple of things you could try. 

* Pop over to the App Management menu and Force Stop the Spotify application. It might stop it from forgetting your place when you open it up again

* Failing that, a clean installation seems to have remedied similar issues in the past. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I'v tried the reinstalling - No dice. I did a factory reset on the device, format usb storage, format sd card - installed spotify - set the widget. Still the same.

I can confirm that reinstalling does not help, I've done it several times over the last several days.

I am almost certain that this is a timeout issue and has nothing to do with the app being closed due to memory.

Whether it is due to memory or a timeout, the app absolutely should be programmed to remember where it was and pick up where it left off. This can't be that difficult to implement.

I tried reinstall several times with deleting all files and directories with "spotify" from my phone, as suggested by support. But nothing worked.

Since this I got a new phone (moving from Galaxy S2 to S3) which exactly has the same problem.

Currently using Android 4.1.1

This also happens to me, galaxy s3 running android 4.0.4.
Latest android client and desktop client

This is surely a bug. It can't be anything else. I'v done loads of troubleshooting, and I haven't gotten past this issue.

David - there are ways that an app can save its position when closed and then go back there when opened again ... that's pretty much what the request is

As an example see ... oh the Spotify desktop app - its been done before 

----------------

Suggested posts