Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Sync - Features no longer visible

Prior to latest update ford sync worked fine. Since update I cannot browse, play playlist artist etc. When selecting 'More' I am presented with a single 'Close Spotify' option.please fix.

• Regular
  • Prior to latest update ford sync worked fine. Since update I cannot browse, play playlist artist etc. When selecting 'More' I am presented with a single 'Close Spotify' option.please fix.
  • Riggsy
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Something I can't work out to do with Local Files...is it even possible?

So I have a few artists on my itunes who aren't on Spotify (Chance the Rapper) and a few other albums from artists spotify doens't have. I have sycned them via playlists to my android device, but how do I get them to appear in the "Artist" section on...

• So I have a few artists on my itunes who aren't on Spotify (Chance the Rapper) and a few other albums from artists spotify doens't have.   I have sycned them via playlists to my android device...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing playlist download location

Hey guys, I have an 8gb phone with a 32gb SD card. I'm trying to get my playlists to save to the 32gb card, but every time I restart the download it saves to my phone by default. Is there a workaround for this?

• Hey guys, I have an 8gb phone with a 32gb SD card. I'm trying to get my playlists to save to the 32gb card, but every time I restart the download it saves to my phone by default. Is there a workaroun...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer not working on some songs.

The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off.The only fix I found is to re-download the whole playlist containing the "bugged" song, but do...

• Roadie
  • The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off. The only fix I found is to re-download ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage Space

My spotify is taking up a lot of space and I'm not sure of it's just the app or if it could be me downloading songs for offline play. Either way I want to delete some files but I don't know what they are or how they might affect me. Any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is taking up a lot of space and I'm not sure of it's just the app or if it could be me downloading songs for offline play. Either way I want to delete some files but I don't know what they...
  • PhilYPR
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I download songs for offline play and it works but some time later or the next day,I need to download them again or they won't play offline.I just don't like this and it's also inconvenient because I don't have too much space on my phone and I don't ...

• Casual Listener
  • I download songs for offline play and it works but some time later or the next day,I need to download them again or they won't play offline.I just don't like this and it's also inconvenient because I...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify pauses every time I lock my phone.

I just got the galixy s6 and everytime I change a song then turn my phone off spotify pauses. Does anyone have any clue why this is happening, it's getting really annoying

• I just got the galixy s6 and everytime I change a song then turn my phone off spotify pauses. Does anyone have any clue why this is happening, it's getting really annoying
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved music disappeared. [android]

Hi, after the latest upgrade of the app my saved music (artists, ecc) disappeared. I can see it un my iPad and Pc, so I think it's an issue with the app. How can I solve this without deleting all cache and dates from my phone?

• Regular
  • Hi, after the latest upgrade of the app my saved music (artists, ecc) disappeared. I can see it un my iPad and Pc, so I think it's an issue with the app. How can I solve this without deleting all cac...
  • ashepoole
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

LG l90 compatible

2 things both LG l90 download the app fine but closes everyone I open the app. And why can't I play on multiple devices at same time.

• 2 things both LG l90 download the app fine but closes everyone I open the app. And why can't I play on multiple devices at same time.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify free on mobile

Hello. If i play Spotify on my mobile in shuffle mode, does it cost data? (I don't use Premium and I don't have 3G or 4G)

• Regular
  • Hello. If i play Spotify on my mobile in shuffle mode, does it cost data? (I don't use Premium and I don't have 3G or 4G)
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify - The App FROM HELL

I AM GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL IT IS FIXED. THIS APP IS HELL. I COME IN TO WORK AND JUST WANT TO SIT AND LISTEN TO MY PREPARED DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS ON MY ANDROID DEVICE. EVERY F88KING DAY. I START PLAYING AND A FEW SECONDS IN IT STOPS. IT TH...

• Roadie
  • I AM GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL IT IS FIXED.   THIS APP IS HELL.   I COME IN TO WORK AND JUST WANT TO SIT AND LISTEN TO MY PREPARED DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS ON MY ANDROID DEVICE. &...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling your music via an alternate devce

Hey All, I've started using Spotify on my PS4, whilst having the playlist open on my Samsung S5 so I can select new tracks whilst playing without having to pause my game. However, this has caused an issue whereby if I select a track from the queue, t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   I've started using Spotify on my PS4, whilst having the playlist open on my Samsung S5 so I can select new tracks whilst playing without having to pause my game. However, this has c...
  • dcurtis22
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps re-downloading

So I have Spotify on my Trio AXS 4G tablet. At-least 3 times a day, when I open the Spotify app it says it is downloading my almost 2,000 songs all over again. I have tried everything, from clearing cache, re-installing the app. All of that. /: I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have Spotify on my Trio AXS 4G tablet. At-least 3 times a day, when I open the Spotify app it says it is downloading my almost 2,000 songs all over again. I have tried everything, from clearing ...
  • Dannieann1e
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Local Files Playlist, pausing after every song

Basically I added a few local file from my PC onto spoitfy and made a playlist of those songs, it works fine on my computer however on my LG G3 Android, that playlist in particular stops every one or two songs and I have to manually press play again ...

• Casual Listener
  • Basically I added a few local file from my PC onto spoitfy and made a playlist of those songs, it works fine on my computer however on my LG G3 Android, that playlist in particular stops every one or...
  • Bastaichdr
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to deactivate shuffle mode

Hi guys I'm using Android 4.4.2 and Spotify 2.8.0.1081 with a premium account. The issue is sometimes I can't deactivate the shuffle mode of playlists or albums.Let's say the shuffle mode is off. I start a playlist with the shuffle button. Everyting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys   I'm using Android 4.4.2 and Spotify 2.8.0.1081 with a premium account.   The issue is sometimes I can't deactivate the shuffle mode of playlists or albums. Let's say the...
  • Roots1405
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android]Increase notification's album cover resolution.

Increase the quality of the album cover you can see whitin the spotify's notification where you can also change the songs. At this moment it look pixelated which is not nice

• Gig Goer
  • Increase the quality of the album cover you can see whitin the spotify's notification where you can also change the songs. At this moment it look pixelated which is not nice 😕
  • C7pher
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle Play All Songs

Hi, I have folders within folders and I like to go to the top folder and select All Songs and then play shuffle. However, lately I am not seeing all the songs, just partial listing. It seems like so latency on data loading. Any hacks to open the pipe...

• Roadie
  • Hi, I have folders within folders and I like to go to the top folder and select All Songs and then play shuffle. However, lately I am not seeing all the songs, just partial listing. It seems like so ...
  • Jgieschen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

inconsistent volume

I'm running version 2.8.1081 on my Galaxy s6 Edge With Android 5.0.2. For a while I was dealing with low volume issues. Now my volume, both through bluetooth and headphones is not ever consistant. This is extremely annoying and needs to be fixed. Oth...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running version 2.8.1081 on my Galaxy s6 Edge With Android 5.0.2. For a while I was dealing with low volume issues. Now my volume, both through bluetooth and headphones is not ever consistant. Th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    volume
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

sync Huawei

Hi I'm trying to download my Trac and getting a message saying I need to sync through mobile how do I do this as I can't find the option in settings I've even googled it and no results

• Hi I'm trying to download my Trac and getting a message saying I need to sync through mobile how do I do this as I can't find the option in settings I've even googled it and no results
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sync
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Introducing the Spotify for Android Beta Testing Program

Hello! We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out. Beginning this Friday, May 29 2015, the Android beta program will give users who opt-in ...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Hello! We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out. Beginning this Friday, May 29 201...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 113 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Beta
    test
  • 113 replies
  • 51 likes