Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app won't work in offline mode, even with green arrows and more..

Hi, I have a spotify account created with my Facebook account and it's very laggy, buggy and it just doesn't do what I pay for it to do.. My playlists will download, there is a green arrow beside each song, but they will never work offline.. Also, al...

• Hi, I have a spotify account created with my Facebook account and it's very laggy, buggy and it just doesn't do what I pay for it to do.. My playlists will download, there is a green arrow beside eac...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

random songs added to radio station

I'm having trouble with random songs being added to radio stations I created in the past since the update to lollipop. There are several songs that are appearing as being "thumbs up" that I never liked. Once these songs have had the "thumbs up" appli...

• I'm having trouble with random songs being added to radio stations I created in the past since the update to lollipop. There are several songs that are appearing as being "thumbs up" that I never lik...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app should show song information

I wish there was a way to show song information such as the song's release date and other meta data on the Android app of spotify. Please Kudos this request!

• Casual Listener
  • I wish there was a way to show song information such as the song's release date and other meta data on the Android app of spotify. Please Kudos this request!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Features....

Won't be on Android for a few weeks looks like. Wouldn't be surprised if it's longer.In other news MixRadio managed to release a brand new app to both Android and IOS the same day. Rdio also introduced a new pricing plan to both IOS and Android the s...

• Roadie
  • Won't be on Android for a few weeks looks like. Wouldn't be surprised if it's longer. In other news MixRadio managed to release a brand new app to both Android and IOS the same day. Rdio also intr...
  • metzlerr
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[CRASHING] Spotify crashes after switching lollipop user account.

Spotify crashes when I open the application after I switch my operating system user account on android lollipop 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. My main accout is logged in my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, my main user account on the tab has the spo...

•  Spotify crashes when I open the application after I switch my operating system user account on android lollipop 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. My main accout is logged in my Sams...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low volume

I recently purchased the 6 edge. When I play Spotify the maximum volume is very low. As soon as I play somthing off of youtube or Pandora the volume is fine. I have made sure the equalizer is flat and the volume limiter in Spotify is all the way up. ...

• I recently purchased the 6 edge. When I play Spotify the maximum volume is very low. As soon as I play somthing off of youtube or Pandora the volume is fine. I have made sure the equalizer is flat an...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A love letter

Dearest Spotify, We've been together a few years now. It's been a wonderful couple of years, and overall I've enjoyed it. We've spent a lot of time together, many long days and nights and many long trips, and I'll admit you sing much better than me i...

• Community Legend
  • Dearest Spotify,   We've been together a few years now. It's been a wonderful couple of years, and overall I've enjoyed it. We've spent a lot of time together, many long days and nights and ma...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Local files no longer able to sync.

I recently moved to a new location with a new wifi connection and I am unable to sync with my android anymore. This happened before on my old wifi connection but was fixed by allowing Spotify through the firewall. Now, the firewall fix isn't. Any sug...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently moved to a new location with a new wifi connection and I am unable to sync with my android anymore. This happened before on my old wifi connection but was fixed by allowing Spoti...
  • someguy64
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Low Maximum Volume

I've read a couple other feeds but can't find an answer to the low maximum volumes via listening on Android. I've tried all the norms like re-installing, shut off equalizer effects etc. and nothing seems to work. Any help to solve the issue would be ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read a couple other feeds but can't find an answer to the low maximum volumes via listening on Android. I've tried all the norms like re-installing, shut off equalizer effects etc. and nothing s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    sound
    volume
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Beta testing

I would love to get involved with the beta testing for Android. How can I do so?

• Gig Goer
  • I would love to get involved with the beta testing for Android. How can I do so?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Beta
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cancelling my preiumum

How do i can the free 30 day premimum as i no longer want it. Thanks.

• Regular
  • How do i can the free 30 day premimum as i no longer want it. Thanks.
  • beccawood
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell what is being downloaded?

Running the latest version of spotify on Android 5.0.1 with my Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. I should add this has been an issue for months, even before the 5.0 Android upgrade.I have nearly 2500 songs 'saved' with the blanket 'save' switch under the ap...

• Running the latest version of spotify on Android 5.0.1 with my Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. I should add this has been an issue for months, even before the 5.0 Android upgrade. I have nearly 2500 so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Max Volume too low.

I have a Note 4. When you play a track, for a split second its high in volume then adjusts itself back down.Why does Spotify limit the volume like this?Is there anything I can do to adjust it? I've tried a number of volume increasing apps, they don't...

• Regular
  • I have a Note 4. When you play a track, for a split second its high in volume then adjusts itself back down. Why does Spotify limit the volume like this? Is there anything I can do to adjust it...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Volume Control
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

What's new in this version (2.8.0) Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.8.0)   Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on car radio with android - move cache/data to radio

Hello, I recently bought a new car radio running on Android (jelly bean to be precise), works like a charm and spotify runs good too.Theoretically I can also download offline playlists, only issue is that thios has to be done either with wifi... and ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I recently bought a new car radio running on Android (jelly bean to be precise), works like a charm and spotify runs good too. Theoretically I can also download offline playlists, on...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncronisation der 3 Geräte

Hallo zusammen, ich bin erst seit kurzem bei Spotify.Als ich heute morgen mein Handy synchronisieren wollte bekam ich die Fehlermeldung das ich nur 3 Geräte mit Premium synchronisieren kann. Das weiss ich auch, nur leider benutze ich Spotify auf eine...

• Hallo zusammen, ich bin erst seit kurzem bei Spotify. Als ich heute morgen mein Handy synchronisieren wollte bekam ich die Fehlermeldung das ich nur 3 Geräte mit Premium synchronisieren kann. Das we...
  • TheBruce
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify downloaded from Amazon requires Amazon Appstore?

Hi everyone, like it says in the title, I downloaded Spotify through the amazon appstore. I recently uninstalled the appstore because I didn't feel comfortable with it always running in the background, and now Spotify throws me the mesage "It looks l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   like it says in the title, I downloaded Spotify through the amazon appstore. I recently uninstalled the appstore because I didn't feel comfortable with it always running in the ...
  • AndyKay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify keeps downloading songs!!?

Ok, so none of my playlists are set to online/download. I keep deleting the cache, reinstalling, etc but the files keep reappearing in my SD card and I have no way of finding out where Spotify is downloading the songs from!! Its annoying and taking u...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok, so none of my playlists are set to online/download. I keep deleting the cache, reinstalling, etc but the files keep reappearing in my SD card and I have no way of finding out where Spotify is dow...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Spotify wrongly begins autoplaying on my Android device

Theres a really bad bug in spotify connect right now.Here is the bug: Actual sequence of events:1. Listening to spotify on my Mac comptuer2. Music plays for a while just fine3. Suddenly music starts playing on my Nexus 5 (Android device) through spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Theres a really bad bug in spotify connect right now. Here is the bug:   Actual sequence of events: 1. Listening to spotify on my Mac comptuer 2. Music plays for a while just fine 3. ...
  • exsoap
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes