Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Section Problem

I don't know if it happens only to me or it is a common feature of recently played section on android platform. The problem is: When I tap on some recently played album or artist, I can only see my saved songs of that album or artist(if there are any...

Screenshot_2015-10-07-19-44-11.png Screenshot_2015-10-07-19-44-30.png Screenshot_2015-10-07-19-44-47.png
  • I don't know if it happens only to me or it is a common feature of recently played section on android platform. The problem is: When I tap on some recently played album or artist, I can only see my s...
  • Usemyemail27450
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Recently Played
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not being picked up by Ford Sync

Hi guysI have a Ford Fiesta with SYNC and AppLink. I was using it fine about 3 hours ago, left my car and returned and now it won't find spotify. My other apps are being picked up by the system fine. Is anyone else having issues at the moment?

• Hi guys I have a Ford Fiesta with SYNC and AppLink. I was using it fine about 3 hours ago, left my car and returned and now it won't find spotify. My other apps are being picked up by the system f...
  • kelvin1950
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bluetooth problems
    Ford SYNC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Tracks added directly to playlist don't show under artist?

So sorry if this has been asked a million different ways already - I'm quite new to Spotify premium and I don't think I have quite got to grips with how it works yet. Yesterday I spent something like 4 hours importing as many tracks I could find on t...

• Casual Listener
  • So sorry if this has been asked a million different ways already - I'm quite new to Spotify premium and I don't think I have quite got to grips with how it works yet.   Yesterday I spent somet...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

internet connection

Having trouble connecting to internet! 

• Having trouble connecting to internet! 
  • DavidGrowth
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Other] Implement bluetooth ffwd & rewind on android from connected cars

When i play spotify on my android phone, controlling it from my car (Volvo v40 2013) via bluetooth, everything seems to work well except the fast forward and rewind buttons on my car. Nothing happens when i press and hold them.It should be a very sim...

• Casual Listener
  • When i play spotify on my android phone, controlling it from my car (Volvo v40 2013) via bluetooth, everything seems to work well except the fast forward and rewind buttons on my car. Nothing happens...
  • alexzter91
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

get libspotify app key other than web access

Is there any API call, or programmatic way to get get libspotify app key, other than web access? I need to use libspotify API, but want to get the app key other than: https://devaccount.spotify.com/my-account/keys/ Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any API call, or programmatic way to get get libspotify app key,  other than web access?   I need to use libspotify API, but want to get the app key other than: https:/...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No accessorisk to premium facilities

I AM nok upgraded to premium which is confirmed when trying to connect by phonenumber in Spotify. But have No acces to tre facilities.Have reinstalled app and restartet phone without succes.

• I AM nok upgraded to premium which is confirmed when trying to connect by phonenumber in Spotify. But have No acces to tre facilities. Have reinstalled app and restartet phone without succes.
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play

My songs start play for 2 or 3 seconds then pause and won't play my premium subscription just got paid and still its not working. HELP!!!!!!

• My songs start play for 2 or 3 seconds then pause and won't play my premium subscription just got paid and still its not working. HELP!!!!!!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Long delay after each song when playing a non downloaded playlist - or just don't start again!

Hopefully someone can help, whenever i'm playing a playlist that i haven't downloaded it stops playing after each song and i have to go back in to start the playlist again. This doesn't happen with playlists i've downloaded to my Samsung phone. I've ...

• Hopefully someone can help, whenever i'm playing a playlist that i haven't downloaded it stops playing after each song and i have to go back in to start the playlist again. This doesn't happen with p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to deactivate shuffle when playing my playlist !

I am getting quite pissed because I have worked hours to organize my playlist and I cannot deactivate shuffle when I play those playlist. This happens either on my android phone or windows pc (impossible to deactivate ctrl S). Also I don't understand...

• Music Fan
  • I am getting quite pissed because I have worked hours to organize my playlist and I cannot deactivate shuffle when I play those playlist.   This happens either on my android phone or windows p...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help, the songs pause automaticly after 1second playing

If i want to listing to a song, it pauses after 1 second of playing. There is no error notification in the screen. It is terrible.

• If i want to listing to a song, it pauses after 1 second of playing. There is no error notification in the screen. It is terrible. 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! android 6.0

hi! i have a Motorola Moto G (3gn) and one external SD like internal memory...somebody can use the "external memory"? because my spotify app, use the "internal memory"...tnks a lot if you answer my question!.

• hi! i have a Motorola Moto G (3gn) and one external SD like internal memory... somebody can use the "external memory"? because my spotify app, use the "internal memory"... tnks a lot if you answer ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode on Android: Auto download

Hey everyone, I don't usually do this but I thought I give it a shot. I just have to ask if there's a way to keep offline mode on but not have it download every single song you save into your library. I love being able to have high-quality songs on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   I don't usually do this but I thought I give it a shot. I just have to ask if there's a way to keep offline mode on but not have it download every single song you save into you...
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Auto download
    offline mode
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S7 edge cannot lunch the app

I cannot lunch the app on my s7. Black screen and a notification saying un unable to find storage...Presse help!

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot lunch the app on my s7. Black screen and a notification saying un unable to find storage... Presse help!
  • Darkneo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice Recognition App - Android

I'm an app developer and I just launched an app that allows users to control their Spotify player through voice commands. I'm looking for feedback on the product, so if you went to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmacstudios.spotify...

• I'm an app developer and I just launched an app that allows users to control their Spotify player through voice commands. I'm looking for feedback on the product, so if you went to https://play....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no internet connectrion

hello.im having trouble with the android spotify app on my galaxy s5. sometimes when im listening to my music it suddenly stops. when i try to open the app the only thing is get is a black screen with the green loading circle. after a few seconds it ...

• Casual Listener
  • hello. im having trouble with the android spotify app on my galaxy s5.  sometimes when im listening to my music it suddenly stops. when i try to open the app the only thing is get is a black s...
  • once130
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New phone and all is lost.

I got a new phone. Galaxy S7. When I installed Spotify to my new phone all my music was and still is gone. Playlists and catalog of albums except for one album. One. It also doesn't recognize me as a premium subscriber which I have been for quite som...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new phone. Galaxy S7. When I installed Spotify to my new phone all my music was and still is gone. Playlists and catalog of albums except for one album. One. It also doesn't recognize me as a...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • new phone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on motorola moto g

Hi guys, I hava a premium spotify account and motrolo moto g. Unfortunately, spotify is not working properly in the offline mode. In the offline mode it says that there are no songs available offline. Even though, I do have some songs available offli...

• Hi guys,    I hava a premium spotify account and motrolo moto g. Unfortunately, spotify is not  working properly in the offline mode.  In the offline mode it says that there ar...
  • sgoenczi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing the queue between devices works inconsistently with Premium (Android+Linux)

I use Spotify on two devices: * phone (Android KitKat)* laptop (Debian Jessie VM) When I did not have Premium, it worked well predicably, i.e. all the devives have their own queues. When I have Premium, it gets less predicable. When I switch between ...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify on two devices:   * phone (Android KitKat) * laptop (Debian Jessie VM)   When I did not have Premium, it worked well predicably, i.e. all the devives have their own queue...
  • v6ak
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can`t start Spotify on my new Samsung Galaxy S5

Hey there, I`m facing a pretty annoying problem and I really hope someone can help me here to fix it. Recently I purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and as a Premium-Member I also wanted to install the Spotify App of course. I downloaded it from Play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,    I`m facing a pretty annoying problem and I really hope someone can help me here to fix it. Recently I purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S5 and as a Premium-Member I also wa...
  • Bosak521031
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes