Free/Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(Nokia 7 plus)

Operating System

(Android Pie.)

My Question or Issue

Bass boost keep resetting to zero, problem started after updating to Android pie. Anyone else got this problem?

34 Replies

Hey @DarkCaBo.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here if you need any more help.

I have same problem with bass boost, i have reinstall the app but still reseting bass boost every i unplug earphone or disconnect bluetooth earphone.

This problem happen after i update my pocophone to android pie

Please solve this problem

Same problem here - mi a2 lite with clean android 9. Please fix it.

Hey @marlone89@aldiasmashuda and @DarkCaBo

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Does this happen with both wired and wireless connections to external devices? (Please also provide the model of the device.)

Once we have this information, we will be able to help troubleshoot this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Hi Peter,

Sorry for late response.

Device: Xiaomi MI A2 Lite

Android version: 9

Android security level patch: 5 december 2018

Spotify version: 8.4.89.515

It happens with my with JBL E30 Synchros Headphones (wired). I've never used wireless headphones so I can't tell you if it happens with them as well. What is interesting it only happens with Bass Boost, not with the Sorround Sound and EQ presets (Flat, Normal, Club etc ) Spotify remeber my bass bosst level as long as the hedphones are connected. When I plug them out and plug in again (and also turn off spotify and turn on again) it resets. I would be grateful for any advice or help in this matter. If you need any further informations pls let me know 🙂

Hey @marlone89.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

Could you just confirm a few things for us?

First, could you outline the exact steps that you perform in order for us to be able to reproduce this issue?

Second, could you send us a screenshot (or preferably a video) of the following:

• the equalizer settings with Bass Boost visibly switched on
  • the equalizer settings after you disconnect/reconnect the heaphones, showing the Bass Boost settings reset to default?

Once we have this info, we'll be able to get a better idea of your issue.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Same here, Android Pie, MI A1

And same here:

Nokia 8

Android 9

Newest Spotify

fresh installation.

However.... That makes sense when I am switching between headphones and car bluetooth, as using equaliser + bass boost with my car audio just sounds bad. So when my phone resets the equalizer with car bluetooth radio connected it just sounds better (I can adjust audio settings on car audio).

But still, when I use headphones it is really annoying. And there is no easy way of accessing equalizer (some button on front pane maybe? many ppl asked for that).

Cheers!

Kris

Hey @xixek and @petardo,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Would you mind providing us with the information we requested from @marlone89 in an earlier thread?

Once we have that, we'll be able to look into the exact issue you're experiencing.

Thanks! We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Hi @peter

Sure, I'd be glad to help:

• Device and OS version
    • Nokia 8 TA-1012 Android 9 +security patch 1 Jan 2019
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Does this happen with both wired and wireless connections to external devices? (Please also provide the model of the device.)
    • That's difficult to say. I've noticed that previously (android 8 and earlier version of Spotify) I always had to turn off equalizer in my car (bluetooth connection BMW iDrive5) because of using car audio build one. After android update I don't have to do it - it sounds ok (I pressume that it is just turning off itself). I also noticed that previously once I set my equalizer settings, I was barely change anything and now it happens quite often that after plugging headphones (wired) in my settings are being reset. But not always...
      Situation 1. Usually Bass Boost slider goes to minimum, surround sound is ok, other sliders are fine too. Equalizer is working but without bass.
      Situation 2. Everything looks fine (all sliders are ok, bass ok) but it is just not working - flat sound. I have to turn equalizer off anf on again to hear the difference.
      Situation 3. Sound is ok, I can hear equalizer + bass boost working but when I open equalizer settings all sliders are on their places but  sound immediately gets flat. I have to turn equalizer off and on again to make it working.
      Situation 4. Sometimes everything 'just works'. I can unplug, plug in headphones again and everything is just ok... Sorry, not very helpful probably...

I hope that my description will help you somehow. It looks like the interface is loosing connection with current state of the equalizer, if I can say like that.

But I must also mention that in my opinion after update, when it works, sound quality is better than before. And it is louder.

Kind regards

Xixek

Hey @xixek.

Thanks for giving us this detailed feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

In the meantime, would you mind updating your Spotify app to the latest version?

Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this - we'll be right here.

Hi.

I just wanted to make a short update:

Spotify has been updated to the newest version on my Nokia 8 (through the google play of course), 

I started using bluetooth headphones (Marley Rebel BT) and nothing has changed.

Equalizer keeps resetting occassionally like I described before.

Today it lost bass boost settings once and turned itself off 3 times. 

best wishes

Kris

Hey @xixek.

Thanks for your update on this.

Could you let us know what your current Spotify version is? We'll pass this info on to our tech team who will then be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

I have the same issue 

Device Mi A2, Android 9 Pie

Spotify Version 8.4.97.807

This happens on Bluetooth connections with my JBL headsets , it turns bass boost off every time I close the eq. Oddly enough it doesn't happen with my Marley liberate BT speaker

Same problem here. Waiting for a solution...

Mi A2 Lite Android One Pie

i have the exact issue for the past month!! iphone xs max ios 12.2 

somehow everytime i force close the app, the equalizer goes default eventhough it says the eq is enabled. so to bring the bass boost back i should re-toggle the eq button. waiting for the issue to be fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this issue in the Community.

We haven't been able to successfully reproduce this issue on our end yet, both on iOS and Android.

Just to be sure, do you mind sending us a screen recording which illustrates the issue?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Hi

I don't know how to make a video of bt heaphones being turned off 🙂 so I will describe it:

1 turn on spotify

2 turn on bt headphones, pair with phone if not paired

3 setup equalizer and bass boost in spotify settings

4 start listening to the music

5 stop the music

6 turn off bt phones

7 turn on bt phones again (after few seconds)

8 bass booster is almost always resetted.

Additionally equalizer is not working (it is flat - I can hear that) and it is starting after few minutes (I can hear that too) or I have to open settings and turn it off and on again to make it working.

It happens on:

Nokia 8, android 9 (V5.150),  Marley Rebel BT phones, Spotify 8.5.4.770 - current google play version

I hope it helps.

Cheers, Kris

update:

I think I know what is happening with bass booster reset at least.

I've made an experiment:

1. connect headphones (bt on)

2. turn on spotify, go to settings->equalizer

3. setup equalizer and bass booster (some random values)

4. turned off bt (disconnect headphones)

5. open equalizer again - bass settings are resetted and grayed out

6. turn on bt again, connect headphones

7. open equalizer- bass settings are active but set to zero. 

Looks like program is resetting bass booster (probably) to not destroy the internal speaker when all headphones are disconnected. And when you connect phones again it is not restoring previous settings.

That doesn't explain what is happening with other equalizer settings (like turning on/off randomly as described in previous posts).

Cheers

Kris

Suggested posts