Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery Drain

Battery Drain

Hey,

I've already posted a note on this problem, but it's a big one so I'm try again to have some answers from the developper community.

Why spotify eat my battery phone ? The App, even turned off and in offline mode, uses always 20 to 30 % of my battery, more than my display manager!

Even if I turn off my phone, the App still uses excessively the battery when I turn on the phone...

It's quite a big problem when you have to load twice a day the battery of your phone because of one App and you pay every month for this !

The new version of the App made the problem worse...

When it will be fixed?

I'm using a samsung GS smartphone.

29 Replies

The same for me on Xperia S, Rom stock 4.0.4.

Even if no music is playing and by being in offline mode, the simple fact to have Spotify launched drain the battery.

Worse, I use a USB cable to charge my phone at work on my computer (low current I know, but enough usually to charge slowly, whatever I do with my phone), and if Spotify is simply launched ... my phone don't charge at all. The USB current is just enough for Spotify ...

My phone has displayed 73% of battery for all this afternoon while it was USB plugged. :-((((

I seem to be having the same problem. Since installing Spotify, my phone (HTC One V) drains it's battery in about 4-6 hours. I have Spotify in offline mode, and the battery usage report says it's the screen draining the battery, but the screen has been off for hours.

I find wakelock detector really useful for identifying what's causing battery drain. Give it a try to see if it is really spotify draining your battery or another app.

Phone: Galaxy Note 2

In my case the battery drain is caused by the android media process but this process seems to be directly connected to spotify.

I had a lot of trouble because of this already (many resets of my phone) before i could identify the case as clearly relatetd to spotify.

I could stop it for a while when i did not use a external SD-card (which made it hard for me to store all my offline songs) but now it came back again and only deinstalling spotify could end it.

I am really annoyed by that. I loved to use spotify in my car but i really need my phone also to be a phone and before spotify i had 4 to 5 days of standby-time.

Please fix it!!

UPDATE:

found a solution in another forum to stop the media process which isnt a spotify-only problem:

"To get rid of this media scan you simply go to the Play Store and download Rescan Media Root. It has an option to disable the scanner. It worked wonderful for me and battery has been superb ever since"

But maybe you have to root your phone for that solution....

I have the same problem. 
Spotify drains my battery. 
After I am listening few songs , i am closing application then even killing application but it doesnt stop spotify. It still keeps my phone awake when i am checking on Battery section in settings. 
Even "Force Stop" is not helping. Only stops when i reboot my phone.

Could you quantify this a bit - maybe a couple of screen captures showing battery uasage and details for spotify cpu usge etc.?

Here's a shot from my phone showing that Spotify is the top user of the battery. More than MicrosoftHealth which is constantly syncing with my Band via bluetooth, and even more than the screen. No idea what is going on here. I haven't even been using Spotify on my phone today, just on my computer. 

2015-05-29 17.13.38.png

Hello from 2019
Problem still persists. 20% battery usage for 6 hours without using the app.
Battery manager thinks that the app is working in foreground (which is not the case)
Galaxy S10e, Android 9

UPD
After a small investigations it seems to be related to connecting spotify app on my smartwatch (Galaxy Watch)

photo_2019-09-23_16-44-41.jpg

Passed on iPhone since 2013 on my side, all was perfect until now.

I don't know if it's because of iOS 13, or if the App have been updated, but it drain my battery all the afternoon ... by being connected to my MiBox AndroidTV box, in SpotifyConnect.
I usually used this without any problem ... but today, it was really IMPRESSIVE by the regularity in my battery drain (Spotify 44% of battery by just being connected to the box, not by playing itself)

Hey @baal77,

Thanks for telling us about this! 

Could you confirm if Spotify drains battery while you're not using Spotify Connect

Also, could you give us a screenshot of how much percentage Spotify has used?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts