Behind the Lyrics cutoff - Moto Z Play

Solved!

Behind the Lyrics cutoff - Moto Z Play

illuminatibaum
Casual Listener
Please fix the lyrics being cut off. I cannot see the last one or two lines or they are cut in the middle.
This way i cannot enjoy the behind the lyrics feature, and i pay for premium, and this way cannot fully use the spotify service i paid for.
In the images you can see lines missing.
Screenshot_20170718-115528.png
Screenshot_20170718-120333.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Behind the Lyrics cutoff - Moto Z Play

Joe
Community Legend

Hey, I notice that the spotify fonts are much bigger than the system fonts. Have you tried adjusting the font and zoom settings in android display?

5 Replies
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Hey, I notice that the spotify fonts are much bigger than the system fonts. Have you tried adjusting the font and zoom settings in android display?

illuminatibaum
Casual Listener
Thank you for your tip. It helps, if i turn the display size down from default to small, it is fixed. But then all things on my phone are ridiculously small. Alternatively, it works too if i set the display size to big. But that looks **bleep** in every app except spotify.
I normally have display size to default and font size set to small. If i set the display size to small and the font size to default it is fixed too, but everything looks weird af.

Basically that is not really a fix, spotify has to adjust its font correctly, i will not screw up my phone view just because it cannot adjust itself.
Really, if you were using my phone you would understand why i will not change my display size to small. It just looks weird and wrong, i am not a special user with strange settings. I have good eyesight, but there are many people who would never be even able to set their display size to small because they couldnt read a darn thing.
Its on spotifys end to fix that, seems like it cant deal with androids display size settings.

Joe
Community Legend

Are you able to change the screen resolution? I have an S8 set to its highest resolution and tried all possible combinations of text size and zoom. It made the display ugly but didn't seem to affect the text size of behind the lyrics so maybe you're right and this feature ignores the basic android display settings. Try contacting spotify direct and lets see what they suggest.

Highlighted

illuminatibaum
Casual Listener
Spotify seems to have fixed it, so no more problems on my settings!
But thank you for your time and effort, accepted you as solution even if it wasnt a real fix.
And no, there sadly isnt a way to change resolution etc... on my device, The issue was certainly with android.

Joe
Community Legend

Thanks for letting me know :)

SUGGESTED POSTS