Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Behind the Lyrics cutoff - Moto Z Play

Solved!

Behind the Lyrics cutoff - Moto Z Play

Please fix the lyrics being cut off. I cannot see the last one or two lines or they are cut in the middle.
This way i cannot enjoy the behind the lyrics feature, and i pay for premium, and this way cannot fully use the spotify service i paid for.
In the images you can see lines missing.
Screenshot_20170718-115528.png
Screenshot_20170718-120333.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, I notice that the spotify fonts are much bigger than the system fonts. Have you tried adjusting the font and zoom settings in android display?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, I notice that the spotify fonts are much bigger than the system fonts. Have you tried adjusting the font and zoom settings in android display?

Thank you for your tip. It helps, if i turn the display size down from default to small, it is fixed. But then all things on my phone are ridiculously small. Alternatively, it works too if i set the display size to big. But that looks **bleep** in every app except spotify.
I normally have display size to default and font size set to small. If i set the display size to small and the font size to default it is fixed too, but everything looks weird af.

Basically that is not really a fix, spotify has to adjust its font correctly, i will not screw up my phone view just because it cannot adjust itself.
Really, if you were using my phone you would understand why i will not change my display size to small. It just looks weird and wrong, i am not a special user with strange settings. I have good eyesight, but there are many people who would never be even able to set their display size to small because they couldnt read a darn thing.
Its on spotifys end to fix that, seems like it cant deal with androids display size settings.

Are you able to change the screen resolution? I have an S8 set to its highest resolution and tried all possible combinations of text size and zoom. It made the display ugly but didn't seem to affect the text size of behind the lyrics so maybe you're right and this feature ignores the basic android display settings. Try contacting spotify direct and lets see what they suggest.

Spotify seems to have fixed it, so no more problems on my settings!
But thank you for your time and effort, accepted you as solution even if it wasnt a real fix.
And no, there sadly isnt a way to change resolution etc... on my device, The issue was certainly with android.

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Hey @illuminatibaum!

Welcome to the Spotify Community. I'm thrilled to help you out.

I can understand that the lyrics are not displayed completely on your device. I just talked to some folks at Spotify regarind this issue and they confirmed 

that this is expected behavior. The lyrics appear fully on the screen when changing the font. However, due to their bigger size some of them might be adjusted and continue in a different line. This happens because they can't fit in the same one anymore. 

They made sure you're feedback will be forwarded to the developers. Please note you can still post to the ideas board, so others can vote for your suggestion and add comments. This will increase the chance of changes being made.

Thank you for your understanding. I'm sorry I could not help you out at this time. 

Keep rocking 🙂

Suggested posts