Announcements

Black screen

Solved!
Highlighted

Black screen

Regular

My daughter woke up yesterdaymorning and the Spotify app didn´t work. It was just a black screen. We have tried to do all the recommendations that we can find here but nothing works. When trying to re install we only get the spotify logo on a black screen and then redirect us to the google play. The phone is a galaxy S5 and everuthing else works fine and here spotify account works fine on other phones.

We tried everything, hard reset, SD card clean etc.... What shall we do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Black screen

Regular

Apparently my last message did not get through but by manually updating twice, Spotify now works for me on Android 5 on Galaxy S5. I think that with the latest Android 5 update it disabled the automatic updates, causing me to think I had the latest version but apparently didn't. There is still an update waiting for me but I'm keeping it as it is right now since this works 100%

Screenshot of the info screen from settings with my version:

Screenshot_2015-10-09-12-57-00.png

Manually update Android as instructed above worked for me! Phone is way faster too now btw, I think personally that the Android 5 version I had before was some rushed version with lots of bugs

View solution in original post

52 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hello @Kenthlind, Welcome to the community! 🙂

This is a really, really, really weird issue, i know you've done and reinstall this but can i ask you to do a clean reinstall using these steps? 🙂

If this doesn't work we'll take it from their 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Highlighted

Regular

OK, done that (like several times before) but same....just a black screen

Highlighted

Gig Goer
I have the same problem since this morning work my Samsung s5 phone. Done the same things and still not working. Any advice or idea will be appreciated. Thanks!
Highlighted

Betreff: Black screen

Community Legend

Wow this is weird guys!

I scrolled through the help section, saw this thread and wanted to say that a reinstallation would do it...So actually the same @jean3601 already said.

I hope this get solved quickly with a upcoming update or that it's just a temporar bug!

Quanty

Highlighted

Gig Goer
I have already reinstalled it 3 times, logged out from all the devices twice, And still nothing
Highlighted

Community Legend

@Cyudowsky and @Kenthlind go in the Android Settings to the App Section and delete the App Data without reinstall the App.

Quanty

Highlighted

Gig Goer
Done that too. Not working for me :'(
Highlighted

Regular

Nope, doesn´t work, still black screen...

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Kenthlind @Cyudowsky

Hey guys, i am going to escalate this so Spotify Staff can have a look at this 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS