Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block songs from being included in recommendations algorithm?

Block songs from being included in recommendations algorithm?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 and Windows 10 Desktop

Operating System

Android Oreo/Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Last summer someone phished my account or something (I've always been pretty good at recognizing sketchy phishing attempts and I've never had a problem like this, but I guess I messed up somewhere) and used it to stream a ridiculous amount of random music in a language I don't even know. I realized pretty quickly when I saw my last.fm scrobbles and signed out everywhere and changed my password which solved the immediate problem, but over a year later I'm still dealing with recommendations based on that debacle. My Summer Rewind has one of the artists that got **bleep**-repeated. Is there any possible way to remove these artists from my history or keep Spotify from giving me recommendations based on them? I hate that some scammers trying to farm streams are still getting play time from me when I can't skip fast enough. I know that Spotify doesn't have an option to exclude songs normally but I was wondering if there's a loophole when the streaming history was malicious and not from the person who's, you know, paying their own money for a service that's supposed to cater to their own tastes and not those of random scammers.

1 Reply

Hey there! Honestly, I've had the same issue. Unfortunately, by now, there's not an option that permits this available, but if you would like to see it implemented, you can submit it or support similar ideas here. Have a nice day! 

Suggested posts