Premium

Country

UK 

Device

(Oneplus 6T)

Operating System

(Oxygen OS android 10)

My Question or Issue

After connecting any of my Bluetooth headphones to my phone the play pause, skip and volume buttons are very unreliable often not working at all. After I toggle Bluetooth off and on the issue is normally fixed but is very irritating as this is not always the case. 

Please Help !!

4 Replies

Hi there @Alexandermoore,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We suggest unpairing your headphones from your phone, logging out from your Spotify account, restarting your device, and logging back in and pairing your headphones again. Is there any difference?

If the issue persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there

I have tried this and no luck 

I have found a temporary fix though. As this issue only occurred with Spotify I tried installing a previous version of the app and it worked flawlessly. This is not ideal but will work for now until future versions of the app iron out the issue.

Thank you for the speedy reply 🙂 

Hey @Alexandermoore,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can only offer support for the latest version of the app downloaded from our official sources.

In case the issue persists while using the latest version of the app, it's a good idea to try with another account to see if anything changes.

If you're using an SD card, we'd suggest you remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts