Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug Report: Play Queue is Backwards

Bug Report: Play Queue is Backwards

Hi, I'm seeing a problem where the play queue appears to work backwards on Android.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start playing a song. Let's call thsi "song 1"

2. Add a song to the play queue. We'll call this "song 2."

3. Queue another song, "song 3."

I expect the songs to play in the order 1, 2, 3. Instead, song 3 plays before song 2.

Version Number 0.4.12.180

4 Replies

by far not that important, but another bug:
if i play songs from one of my lists, and search for something else during the play, then click it to play it, everything works as expected but the cover picture is not the right one, instead the picture of the next song in the queue as it was before i played the sond i searched for is displayed.

Regarding the backwards play queue: sadly it seems this is not so much a bug as it is by design, it's been like this forever (the last added song goes to the top of the playlist) but it still bugs (no pun intended) me and wish they'd change the function of it to way you're describing. +1 kudos to you.

Yeah, I guess it must be on purpose since it's been around for so long and would be a pretty obvious bug to catch. While there are various arguments for changing the behavior, I think the best is that the mobile app's behavior is inconsistent with that of the desktop client. The desktop client plays the earliest queued song first, as we would like.

Resurrecting a long dead thread, but for anyone who cares, the new Android beta client announced today appears to fix this problem.

Suggested posts