Solved!

Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Huawei P10 Lite (my account)

Huawei Mate 20 Lite (account of my wife)

Operating System

Android 8, Spotify: 8.5.11.762

Android 9, Spotify: 8.5.11.762

My Question or Issue

Chromecast Audio worked yesterday, but today it just won't connect. On both Android smartphones. Chromecast Audio gets a "connection" sound, but Spotify fails to connect.  Restarted phones, checked updates, configured Chromecast Audio from scratch. Some Android freeware player has no problems connecting to Chromecast Audio.

I then tried my company iPhone... my Spotify account. And it connected with no problem and now I can "remote control" the Chromecast session on my Android/Desktop.  It seems very likely, there's a problem with this Android version.

39 Replies

Even when casting from a playlist, just skipping to the next track can cause a disconnection with the awful "your Spotify account is being used on another device." Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to connecting Spotify to Chromecast. Only that you'll have problems.

sometimes i can observe, that songs that are liked are playable via chromecast, while songs without a like are not. it is soo annoying.

This is a shambles - keeps failing to connect to Cast enabled devices. I thought Deezer was bad but looks like spotify is worse. At least Deezer employees would at least pretend to be interested!

Okay. Not sure it really solves all of it. But it seems (careful!!) to work out fine with me.

So, I removed the Spotify app from my Galaxy S6 (yes, a bit old :-(). And downloaded it again from the Play Store. Still some albums don't play. Deleting the album using my desktop Spotify login and then searching the album and storing it again enables me to cast it again. Still got the feeling something was wrong al the way, and deleting this 'memory' gets rid of the problem.

Ik works for me, keeping my fingers crossed...

Good looking out. Everyone should reply in that thread, if Spotify is actually paying attention.

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As @SynnoNym rightly suggested, make sure to head over to this ongoing issue thread, where we're gathering info from users to pass on to the relevant team. We'll keep you posted in that thread.

Thanks!

Afaik Chromecast isn't a full Connect device. Seems I can't play my saved albums as of today. 

I've found that going into Google Home app on your phone and then clicking on the 'Device' and then clicking 'Cast my audio' will "mirror" the audio. "Mirroring lets you cast your phone's or tablet's screen and audio to your TV or speakers." This is an unacceptable hack as far as I'm concerned and I'm not sure if the audio is of the same quality. Something broke. Spotify are the mechanics. If I could download a spreadsheet of my Spotify library I'd be heading over to Amazon Music in a heartbeat. I'll wait a short time to see if Spotify can resolve the issue and continue using Amazon Music's free three month trial. The clock is ticking. 

It's ridiculous that this is still going on. Still can't cannect to any cast device to play songs saved in my library. Songs not saved work fine. Yes, Spotify opened an "ongoing issues" thread but have then completely ignored it.

Spotify has had terrible problems with Chromecast for as long as I remember, years and years and years. I used to think it was my problem. But Google Play Music always connects instantly and solidly to the same Chromecast. And a new service I'm trying, Primephonic, also has no trouble ever. There was a usable workaround for Spotify (force-stop the app) that used to work but not anymore. Extremely irritating. Shame on Spotify.

It appears that Spotify refuses to accept it has a problem. Over the years I've been using Spotify this has happened to me - and currently is - random resets and frustrating reinstalls have worked adhoc but don't last. What are we supposed to do reset the world-wide Web to appease Spotify bugs?

Come on spotty sort this problem

They have a lot of problems integrating casting in Spotify, my cromecast audio its fighting with sound control from Spotify becose if u are in the app u have a totally different volume control if u go to the home then android takes control of the volume, but when i try to put the volume up show's like its going up but after a second its go back to the previous state.... And if i go back to Spotify then jumps to the volume that i had in the home screen.. so stupid, and i didn't mention that some albums dont even wants to play while I'm connected to the cromecast. The most anointing part of Spotify... U guys have so many years on market and u can't update your google Chromecast integration, its the same for almost 5 year's at Least. I was trying tidal for the past few weeks and there everything works like a charm, they're integration its net superior to Spotify and the music sounds grate maybe even better when u have a Chromecast audio connected through optical a lot more better, if u guys dont update your things make it work for today times (hi-fi sound, Chromecast adaptation) me and more people will definitely switch to another platform. This its my last month of Spotify**bleep** service, i hope tidal will put you in the ground. Peace

Marked as solution

I had the same issue on Pixel XL (Android 10) and it works for me by open Spotify Options, and:

1. Force Stop

2. Clear Storage

3. Clear Cache

Well this is very frustrating. After occasional issues in the three weeks since I got my CC Audio, Spotify now flat out refuses to connect from my OnePlus 7T Pro. Same story as the other posters - connection sound plays but keeps saying "Connecting..." ad infinitum. 

Update: it seems to be working again now!

This worked for me. Thanks!

Tried this and this didn't work for my Pixel 3. I cannot cast Spotify to any device from my Pixel 3 on my home wifi network (Chromecast 2 or JBL Link 20). The devices don't even show up on my MacBook Spotify software as 'castable' destinations.

UPDATE: Seems like this is my issue and it's related to songs that have been downloaded on my Pixel 3 that you cannot cast:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Chromecast-Specific-artist-won-t-cast...

I deleted the cache and weirdly enough this solved the issue for me on a Google Pixel 3a. Thanks!

Yep, that worked for me too, specifically on my LG V20 that I use for living room media (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear Cache), and since Spotify was already playing to my Denon it immediately started working. I went ahead and did it on my daily driver Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as well just for good measure.

Suggested posts