Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect to Chromecast audio anymore

scerwin107

Spotify has had terrible problems with Chromecast for as long as I remember, years and years and years. I used to think it was my problem. But Google Play Music always connects instantly and solidly to the same Chromecast. And a new service I'm trying, Primephonic, also has no trouble ever. There was a usable workaround for Spotify (force-stop the app) that used to work but not anymore. Extremely irritating. Shame on Spotify.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

It appears that Spotify refuses to accept it has a problem. Over the years I've been using Spotify this has happened to me - and currently is - random resets and frustrating reinstalls have worked adhoc but don't last. What are we supposed to do reset the world-wide Web to appease Spotify bugs?

Come on spotty sort this problem

Highlighted

panait_iulian

They have a lot of problems integrating casting in Spotify, my cromecast audio its fighting with sound control from Spotify becose if u are in the app u have a totally different volume control if u go to the home then android takes control of the volume, but when i try to put the volume up show's like its going up but after a second its go back to the previous state.... And if i go back to Spotify then jumps to the volume that i had in the home screen.. so stupid, and i didn't mention that some albums dont even wants to play while I'm connected to the cromecast. The most anointing part of Spotify... U guys have so many years on market and u can't update your google Chromecast integration, its the same for almost 5 year's at Least. I was trying tidal for the past few weeks and there everything works like a charm, they're integration its net superior to Spotify and the music sounds grate maybe even better when u have a Chromecast audio connected through optical a lot more better, if u guys dont update your things make it work for today times (hi-fi sound, Chromecast adaptation) me and more people will definitely switch to another platform. This its my last month of Spotify**bleep** service, i hope tidal will put you in the ground. Peace

Highlighted
Solution!

nnezi
Music Fan

I had the same issue on Pixel XL (Android 10) and it works for me by open Spotify Options, and:

1. Force Stop

2. Clear Storage

3. Clear Cache

View solution in original post

Highlighted

eventheminions
Gig Goer

Well this is very frustrating. After occasional issues in the three weeks since I got my CC Audio, Spotify now flat out refuses to connect from my OnePlus 7T Pro. Same story as the other posters - connection sound plays but keeps saying "Connecting..." ad infinitum. 

Highlighted

eventheminions
Gig Goer

Update: it seems to be working again now!

Highlighted

renster721
This worked for me. Thanks!
Highlighted

Cannot Cast Downloaded Songs on Pixel 3

mgalek
Casual Listener

Tried this and this didn't work for my Pixel 3. I cannot cast Spotify to any device from my Pixel 3 on my home wifi network (Chromecast 2 or JBL Link 20). The devices don't even show up on my MacBook Spotify software as 'castable' destinations.

UPDATE: Seems like this is my issue and it's related to songs that have been downloaded on my Pixel 3 that you cannot cast:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Chromecast-Specific-artist-won-t-cast...

Highlighted

Re: Cannot Cast Downloaded Songs on Pixel 3

dariocotti

I deleted the cache and weirdly enough this solved the issue for me on a Google Pixel 3a. Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Cannot Cast Downloaded Songs on Pixel 3

ttmitcham
Visitor

Yep, that worked for me too, specifically on my LG V20 that I use for living room media (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear Cache), and since Spotify was already playing to my Denon it immediately started working. I went ahead and did it on my daily driver Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as well just for good measure.

SUGGESTED POSTS