Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to facebook mi11 (MIUI 12.5.5)

Solved!

Can't connect to facebook mi11 (MIUI 12.5.5)

Plan

Premium

Country

Srilanka

Device

Xiaomi mi 11 Global (MIUI 12.5.5)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I tried to connect to Facebook to find my friends. After I touch connect facebook button its opens up another loading screen and it automatically closes. (Facebook app running on background)

11.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for checking this @Dhanurjan and getting back to us!

Your settings seemed okay on your screenshot, that I removed to protect your personal info.

Could you also check your Account page here and make sure that you have the toggle ''Process My Facebook data'' on?

This could also be blocking the connection between the accounts since it seems to be an issue with your account.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey there @Dhanurjan

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind giving it a try using a different device? 

You could also try with another internet connection just to see if you notice anything new. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey there @Novy

My friend tried on his one plus 6t and he said it worked for him.
In my old Huawei y7, it opened up the FB login screen after I enter my username and password it asked me to continue, then the window automatically closed and returned back to Connect Facebook button.

Edit: I tested it in Spotify desktop app (windows). It connects to Facebook. After I restart, it disconnects and shows connect with facebook button again.

Hi @Dhanurjan,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

There may be an issue with the connection between your accounts. In this case, we suggest you remove all connections between them. Please head to this link (from a computer), look for Spotify and remove it from the list.

Then, follow these steps to connect them again. After you do, log out of the Spotify app and log in again using the "Continue with Facebook" option. 

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator

Nope, it didn't work. Login with Facebook is working but still, the above-mentioned problem is still there. I think it's a bug.
Android - Already connected to Facebook but it's still asking to connect Facebook inside find friends. And it's not working.
Windows - Connected with Facebook after restarting the app. It will be disconnected automatically and I need to connect to Facebook again.
Fix these bugs.

Hi there @Dhanurjan,

Thanks for the post.

The windows app behavior has been reported to the right teams at Spotify and they are looking at why this might be happening. You can check if you see a little arrow next to the Connect to Facebook to hide this menu.

Regarding the phone - can you try and log in with a different Spotify account on you phone and check if you experience the same issue.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Sorry for the late reply. took some time to borrow my friend's account and try it on y phone.

First, I deleted Spotify from Facebook's applications and logged into my friends Spotify account on my phone.

And then connected to my Facebook account.

It's connected to my Facebook account but still in find friends it still showing connect Facebook button.

This one is very important: After I connected his Spotify account to my FB account. I logged out from Spotify and logged in via FB. And it connected to my Spotify account, not my friend's Spotify account. How is that possible? even I deleted Spotify from my FB account and connected his account to mine.

I removed Spotify from FB apps again and logged in via FB still logged into my Spotify account. Is this a Facebook bug? And I reported to Facebook about this and waiting for a reply.

Hey @Dhanurjan!

Thanks for the detailed reply.

It does sound like it might be some Facebook permissions that are causing this. We'd recommend that you check your Facebook setting under Apps and Websites to see if Spotify has permissions to get your Friends list.

It's also a good to check with Facebook on this as you've done.

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator

Facebook permissions [Moderator edit]

Marked as solution

Thanks for checking this @Dhanurjan and getting back to us!

Your settings seemed okay on your screenshot, that I removed to protect your personal info.

Could you also check your Account page here and make sure that you have the toggle ''Process My Facebook data'' on?

This could also be blocking the connection between the accounts since it seems to be an issue with your account.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator

It's worked.
First I have to toggle ''Process My Facebook data'' on.
And then I removed Spotify from Facebook apps.
Went to the account overview and clicked "Sign out everywhere".
Waited 1 hour and then log in using my email id and password. Then connected to Facebook.

But the Spotify desktop bug still exists. (Automatically disconnects from Facebook after restarting the app)
Thank you for helping me.

Hi @Dhanurjan,

Thanks for the reply and for letting us know what has worked for you 🙂

Regarding the Desktop app, that is a separate issue. It is currently being investigated by the right folks at Spotify.

You can try the following, as some users report this fixes the issue for them:

1. Unfollow someone on your friend list.
  2. Quit the app then re-open it.
  3. Re-follow the person you just removed from your list.
  4. Quit the app again then have it re-opened.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts