Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't create playlist

Can't create playlist

Hello. She downloaded the app on her android phone using a free account. I wasn't able to add the tags needed as it wouldn't accept for some reason android etc. I have attached the screens hot she is getting when just trying to add a song to a brand new play list for the first time.

a0a800fc-a5c9-459d-a6c8-aa099bcaed57.jpg
5 Replies

Hello ... Just had my friend create a free Spotify account and for some reason whenever she tries to add a song to a brand new playlist but all the keep happening is a notification is appearing saying "you discovered a premium feature". I don't understand why creating a new playlist requires a premium subscription. I have a free account and can do everything just fine. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi, would it be possible to have your friend create an account here on the community and follow up in this thread with the specific details of the problem. I noticed your tag lists this as a web player issue, so I tried testing this and wasn't able to replicate the problem.

We would need to know the operating system, browser, and browser version being used. Also, a screenshot of the exact issue would be very helpful if possible. Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay, thanks for the additional info and screenshot. I'm going to move this into the Android help thread and will also be asking around as I've never seen this particular issue and it seems very strange. In the meantime, has she tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Here is a link if any help is needed with that.

dinomightSpotify Star

Aw why thank you for your help. I haven't suggested that to her as yet but I certainly will do.

No problem, let us know if that solves the issue. Sometimes these kinds of things are just a simple fix, so I hope that will work.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts