Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download Spotify app on Android. "This item is not available in your country"

Solved!

Can't download Spotify app on Android. "This item is not available in your country"

I am trying to download Spotify on my Samsung Note 8. But google play states that I am in a wrong country. It works fine on Iphones.

I live in Qatar, which is on the list of usable locations, yet i cannot find Spotify in the Google play store, which suggests its not available to my country.

If i try to download it from the spotify website, this app is incompatible with all of your devices.

So i select install anyhow and am then told, there are no elligible devices for app install. 

Ive tried downloading it via proxy, but still no luck.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what i can do to get this on my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to Google play >> click on menu button (the 3 line button on right top) >> Account

In the country and profiles, make sure that your intended country is selected. If no, change it to the right one. 

My issue was that my intended country was Qatar but google play was considering India as my location. Once i changed it to Qatar, i was able to download the app successfully.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I am in South Africa which is also on the list of usable locations, and am having the same problem. I am unable to download the Android app due to the error "This item is not available in your country".  I have tried everything I can think of. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Marked as solution

Go to Google play >> click on menu button (the 3 line button on right top) >> Account

In the country and profiles, make sure that your intended country is selected. If no, change it to the right one. 

My issue was that my intended country was Qatar but google play was considering India as my location. Once i changed it to Qatar, i was able to download the app successfully.

This worked for me! Thank you so much for your help! Following your instructions I saw that my country was also set to India in Google Play Store. I have changed it to South Africa and have now been able to download the app successfully 🙂

So you're saying to make sure that my Spotify country location and Google play country location are the same am I correct?

Yes. Thats how it got working for me...

Thanks

make sure you disable VPN and it will put you back in the correct country.

Suggested posts