Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download Spotify to Android

Solved!

Can't download Spotify to Android

Hi,

I have Spotify Premium, use it fine on laptop & PC. I have a new (to me) Samsung GT-S5830. I can log onto my Spotify account on the Android.

When I try to download the Spotify app via Google Play I get the error message "you don't have any devices".

When I check the "offline devices" tab on the phone and on the PC I get the message "you don't have any offline devices".

So, I seem to be in a catch 22. I can't donload spotify to the android because it isn't an recognised offline device, but I can't add it as an offline device because I haven't downloaded the Spotify app onto it. Frustrating.

Presumably I'm doing (or not doing) something stupid.....

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is an issue with Google not Spotify FYI. Try doing the following:

• Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
  • Press 'Force Stop' then 'Clear Data'
  • Do the Same for Google Play Store & Google Service Framework
  • Restart your device
  • Open Play store and try again

Also try downloading another app, or go to 'My Apps' and uninstall/reinstall one of the apps already on your phone to force it to re-connect.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What happens if you open the google play app on your android? Can you download spotify then?

Marked as solution

This is an issue with Google not Spotify FYI. Try doing the following:

• Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
  • Press 'Force Stop' then 'Clear Data'
  • Do the Same for Google Play Store & Google Service Framework
  • Restart your device
  • Open Play store and try again

Also try downloading another app, or go to 'My Apps' and uninstall/reinstall one of the apps already on your phone to force it to re-connect.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks - I'd just realised that there is a preloaded google play app on teh android that needs activating. I was trying to do it through the googleplay website. It's taking an age to configure the app, but I think that may be the right thing to do. Thanks, again.

Thanks for the pointers. What fooled me is that I had Android Market not Google Play. All updated now & making a lot more sense. Thanks, again.

Suggested posts