Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download podcasts anymore on mobile

Can't download podcasts anymore on mobile

I'm using Spotify free for hearing podcasts offline but I can't download them anymore on my smartphone (Samsung galaxy a3). On tablet though it's still working. It's like the button is just missing, I can only share the podcast. 

Version 8.4.51.899 armV7 although same on the tablet. (Samsung as well)

Android Version is 7.0

13 Replies

Downloading onmobile phones is a Premium feature.

Since last week or what? 

No idea but the podcasts page links to the listen offline page which states this is a premium feature.

I have this same problem.   Since 2 weeks ago.  I use the free version and  Podcasts I downloaded 3 weeks ago are still there but the latest releases dont offer to download.  

Music download offline was always premium so if this changed to encompass podcasts too then I have little reason to continue using it.

I also now have this issue and cannot find any information regarding it anywhere (on blogs or Spotify community pages) It would be appreciated if Spotify could admit that a feature we used to get for free is now a paid feature. I can't even find a way to remove the podcast downloads I already have listened to to free up space on my phone. I definitely will not be using Spotify to listen to podcasts anymore when all others will let me download for free so I can listen on the subway ride home (and also not use up all my data on the go) So disappointing. 

It didn't used to be for podcasts. 

I have an iPhone and it also doesn't give me the option to download Podcasts anymore for free, which really really sucks, and it's disappointing  because that's 99% of what I use this app for. It would've been nice to get a warning that they were stopping the service.   I guess I'll have to figure something else out which will probably include deleting this app. Booooo!

I have an iPhone and since the new update it also doesn't give me the option to download Podcasts anymore for free, which really really sucks, and it's disappointing  because that's 99% of what I use this app for. I did get an email from Spotify "Hey look Spotify is better than ever" It would've been nice to get a warning that they were stopping the service.  I guess better than ever means deleting this app. Booooo!

Honestly, I ride the bus and work outside and spend a lot of time listening to podcasts. I don't have my own credit card and my parents won't pay for premium, so I have to use the free version. Taking away the ability to download podcasts is very frustrating. All other apps that play podcasts, allow you to download podcasts for free, and the podcasts are free for a reason.

I started having this problem two weeks ago also...No information anywhere and the help instruction isn't accurate.

I sent a message at Facebook, this was their answer: "Hey! With the new Free tier, you won't be able to download or delete podcasts as of right now. We do appreciate your feedback and we'll let the right team know this is something you'd like to see."

Thank's for messaging them! So we just can wait until they re-integrate the download feature for free users or they announce that this feature was dropped out of their Free trail.. 😕

This was my favourite feature of the app and the main reason to use Spotify, too. 

Let's hope for the best! 

I have Spotify premium and my downloads have the blank arrow next to them, not green. It's like they won't download. I have no idea what to do. I've removed downloaded playlists, thinking it's a space issue. Any suggestions?

Suggested posts