Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find any way to add a whole album to a playlist

Can't find any way to add a whole album to a playlist

I just downloaded Spotify to my Android (moto G6, Android version 9). I cannot find any way to add a whole album to a playlist. The three upper-right dots on an album don't give that option; it only appears on individual songs, no matter where I access the song (through Search or My Library). (Adding individual songs is incredibly painful bc every time I add a song, it dumps me out of the whole album, which I then have to go back and find again two steps back.) I see through searching that people had this problem back in Sept-Oct 2019 and the solution was to reinstall Spotify. But I literally just downloaded it from the Play Store two days ago, so would reinstalling it help? What is going on?

I am only using this app bc Google Play Music is going away and frankly I'm not super impressed at the moment. I also don't love how it gives me 'daily mixes' that are completely siloed by genre: I can have mixes that are all either conscious rap, indie rock, New Wave etc, but I can't have a mix of them all? 

Plan

Free

Country
US

Device

MotoG6

Operating System

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @Leucadia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community.  This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

Can you restart the phone and then log out and log back in again? Then you can try again clicking on the three dots on the album and choosing Add to Playlist.

If you still can't see the option, you can try on another device. Does the issue persists? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts