Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Huewei p20 lite, Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

Latest android, OSX and Spotify version installed

My Question or Issue

Both my laptop and android phone are connected to my Bluetooth speaker. Playing from the MacBook never fails. When playing from my phone it's a hit or miss. Very often the song suddenly stops playing and when I hit play it plays for one second then stops again. Signing out and then in from my account (android) works most of the time. I've had this problem for over a year and now it's just too annoying. I've cleaned the cache, deleted downloaded songs, reinstalled the app, turned off battery saver on my phone.. What else can I do? It seems like it has to do with both devices being connected to the same speaker (HK Onyx 4). It never happens with other audio apps (Google podcast for example). It's random, sometimes it works, but half of the time it doesn't. Very frustrating 😤 

1 Reply

Hey there @maxwroblewski,

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.  

First thing we suggest trying is a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. This makes sure you'll remove any corrupted files from previous installations and get the latest app version with all updates. 

It'd also be helpful to try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if this might be an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply.  

Suggested posts