Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get pass login screen

Solved!

Can't get pass login screen

Hi,  I've been using premium for quite a few months on my phone but as of last night, the system asked me to login again.  Now I can't get pass the login.  on the first login screen it asked for my facebook credentials.  I provide that and then it asks again if I want to start a new account or if I have an account. I say I have an account and it asks me for my credentials again.  This time it doesn't accept them. 

I'm on a Droid Bionic.  Any ideas out there?

Marty

84 Replies

I'll try and help you guys as best I can. It might be a bit confusing if you've all got seperate issues, but I'll try to make it clear.

anderseson - some keyboard apps (Swiftkey, for example) add an extra space at the end of the username for some reason which causes this data usage pop-up. Try removing the space, or the app.

veroblues - when did you last reinstall the app? It sounds like something in the cache might be wrong. Clearing it should help.

oemj - Which phone are you using? And are you using the standard app or the new Preview version. I'd recommend trying to use whichever one you're currently not.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am using a samsung galaxy II and the standard spotify application. I will try to use the preview version to see if it makes any difference. I will reply when I know if it works or not.

The preview version worked 🙂
Thanks for the help  Richard 🙂

Ok... What I can see, there is nothing extra keyboard installed. Maybe this could have something to do with the last Android update, ICS. However, I´ve tried to paste my usernamne/password with the same result.

@anderseson wrote:

Ok... What I can see, there is nothing extra keyboard installed. Maybe this could have something to do with the last Android update, ICS. However, I´ve tried to paste my usernamne/password with the same result.

That's strange then. Are you signing in with your username or with your Facebook details? It looks like you've ended up wtih two accounts (one created through Spotify, the other through Facebook).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I´m always signing in, with my Spotify details. I´ve never use my FB account. But if I do that, I don´t got any playlist at all?!

Any solutions?

Ok, I've deleted that duplicate account just to be safe.

If you're still getting the data usage warning, please let me know which versions of the Android/iOS app you're using. There's been a few new releases lately, so we need to make sure you're all up to date.

When I try and log in on my EVO 3D it gives me a warning that "Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data..." Well when I click ok to accept this warning it goes away then pops right back up. I clicked it about 30 times and gave up, it never let me passed the login screen. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no prevail.

@thenewguy wrote:

When I try and log in on my EVO 3D it gives me a warning that "Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data..." Well when I click ok to accept this warning it goes away then pops right back up. I clicked it about 30 times and gave up, it never let me passed the login screen. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no prevail.

As above, I'd check for the extra space at the end of your username first. Got any keyboard apps installed?

I don´t know what You did, but now it is working!! Thanks!! Smiley Happy

I do have a keyboard app installed, I disabled that and it let me move on to the next window where it asked me to accept the terms and conditions. Then it gives me an error "Invalid Username/Password (Error 410). I'm trying to login with my facebook login information, and I know I entered the username and password correctly.

Everything looks ok with your account to me. Could you try changing your FB password for a little bit? This will help us figure out if it's the password causing the problems or something else.

Marked as solution

I got it, its because I have login verification set up on my FB and I had to wait for FB to text me the password that I needed to use

Ah ok, hope it's all good for you now then.

Hey, i have no ide what to do.

When i try to logg on i get a warning mark "Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data, If you stream music over mobile networks, it's important that you have a flat rate(fixed price for data transfer).

I contacted my mobile operator about it but they said it was fine and i had to contact you guys. 

So if you got any ide, please do tell.

Have a nice day, / Fredrik

Marked as solution

Freggish - make sure there is not a space added on the end of your username - some keyboards do this. Remove the space and it should be fine
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Oh my freakin god, yeah that was the problem ^^

Thank you alot, have a nice day!

Same issue here.
First id get to the have an acct or make one screen (android icecream sandwich) clicked had one it would imediately error saying facebook is unavailable. After several failed attempts i did the reset spotify option. Then when i chose have an acct the screen goes black and my cpubusage skyrockets until i killed it or it locked up my phone. Reinstalled spotify now it just crashes upon load. Whats the deal with this?

Update: another reinstall/reboot fixed the crashing but now im back to the login loop

Have you tried the preview release? http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts