Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get pass login screen

Solved!

Can't get pass login screen

Hi,  I've been using premium for quite a few months on my phone but as of last night, the system asked me to login again.  Now I can't get pass the login.  on the first login screen it asked for my facebook credentials.  I provide that and then it asks again if I want to start a new account or if I have an account. I say I have an account and it asks me for my credentials again.  This time it doesn't accept them. 

I'm on a Droid Bionic.  Any ideas out there?

Marty

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having this same issue...asks for my FB login, I enter it, then gets stuck at blank page, or asks for Spotify credentials, which I never created. Help?!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

gherod - please try logging in witih your original 'gherod' account and try linking that to your Facebook. Let me know if it doens't work.

DaveAz - I could only find the one account for you, are you still having this problem?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

The data usage pop-up is sometimes caused by keyboard apps putting an extra space on the end of your username. Not sure why really, but getting rid of the space or disabling the app stops it showing up.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

@Kunuki wrote:

Hi After the last update I can't get passed the screen that says "Warning, Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts .... Etc" when I press OK  that msg just keep coming up, can't get passed it?

Galaxy S2

/Kunuki

This is sometimes caused by apps like Swiftkey, which can add an extra space onto the end of your username. Try removing that and logging in again.

gigi131p - what kind of problem are you having? Any error messages?

Marked as solution

I got it, its because I have login verification set up on my FB and I had to wait for FB to text me the password that I needed to use

Marked as solution

Freggish - make sure there is not a space added on the end of your username - some keyboards do this. Remove the space and it should be fine
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Marked as solution

Hey puma_tauchman- Have you tried the Android Preview that licenced posted above:  http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Your account is fine on our end. Does your Facebook password include any special characters? You might want to try changing it to something short and simple for the time being. 

84 Replies

Hey Marty, welcome to the Community.

I've given your account a lookover in our system and changed a few things around. Please try logging into Spotify again with your original username "marttyb53"

I have reset my password and tried logging in both from my mobile device and a different laptop.  No luck. 

I'm in, Thanks for your help.
Marked as solution

I'm having this same issue...asks for my FB login, I enter it, then gets stuck at blank page, or asks for Spotify credentials, which I never created. Help?!

I'm having this same problem myself. I signed up for the Spotify beta, so I have a Spotify account, and then I have my facebook account. I reset my spotify specific account's password, but now when I try to login, it says that it can't link my account to my facebook account and to please try again. 😞

Help? I can't clean my apartment without some music. 🙂

Err, and now I'm in. FYI, I think it's because I logged out of facebook with spotify open in the background. When I went to listen, it prompted me to login with a login screen that seemed ancient (doesn't accept tab between fields, green background). Wouldn't accept my facebook info, only my spotify login (which I'd long forgotten). When I shut down and rebooted, I got a different login screen, and tried to login via facebook, which brought me back to the green login screen asking for my spotify login. Then the loop where it couldn't link the two.

HOWEVER, I just successfully logged in by rebooting spotify, entering my SPOTIFY username/password at the login screen (even though it invites me to login using my facebook credentials), and that was successful.

I think there's a problem in your user flow that someone should fix. While they're at it they should allow tabbing between fields. 🙂

Help

I have the same issue. Any fix?
Marked as solution

gherod - please try logging in witih your original 'gherod' account and try linking that to your Facebook. Let me know if it doens't work.

DaveAz - I could only find the one account for you, are you still having this problem?

I'm having the same problem! I enter my login and password and it keeps "loading" forever and never logs in.

I have deleted Spotify, rebooted system, and re-installed latest version from Spotify.com, and still having the same problem.

Help!

@Richard wrote:

Yes I am. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. No matter which combination of credentials I use to log in on my device, I get wrong username or password.

oswok - which details are you logging in with? There should be any problems if you're signing in with just 'oswok'

DaveAz - I've checked your account and I can only see one created through Facebook. So your login details should just be the same as your FB credentials.

Otherwise, you can also try launching Spotify from a Facebook play link, such as https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Kids/390039498843

I am a Premium member and can't have access to my account from three weeks now. Please help me! I use my Facebook login and password information and doesn't work anymore, it keeps on loading and never gets in. Also, am having trouble logging in from my iPod Touch 4G, it's the only way I've been able to log in, but have happend rarely as most of the times -after waiting several minutes for logging in- it says "Spotify is offline" at the top of the iPod screen.

What is going on? It's not a cool thing to give money for something I can't use. Three weeks now. Please, help me.

I am signing in with just 'oswok'. Does it have anything to do with trying to login in Venezuela? I have an Unlimited account. I signed up in the US, but supposedly works anywhere in the world. There are no Firewalls running here.

dvz1978 - have you tried reinstalling the app totally? That should be everything back to it's default state. Instructions here.

oswok - it certainly could be making a difference, but you should be able to login with an Unlimited account anywhere in the world. How's the connection generally, ok? It might be worth trying a different network - if you're able at all. It certainly sounds like some kind of connection problem.

It works now. Spotify used to work all day every day for months, until two weeks ago in this same network I'm using. Hope it will work in the next days. I'll hit you back if having trouble again. Thank you.

@Richard wrote:

oswok - which details are you logging in with? There should be any problems if you're signing in with just 'oswok'

DaveAz - I've checked your account and I can only see one created through Facebook. So your login details should just be the same as your FB credentials.

Otherwise, you can also try launching Spotify from a Facebook play link, such as https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Kids/390039498843

What is the device username and password for then? BTW, I have tried w/ FB creds earlier as well. I have removed the app and reinstalled. Ideas of what to try next? Thanks.

@DaveAz wrote:

@Richard wrote:

What is the device username and password for then? BTW, I have tried w/ FB creds earlier as well. I have removed the app and reinstalled. Ideas of what to try next? Thanks.

Ok...Now it logs in w/ my FB creds and I can see the app longer than before, then the pop-up "Discover great music with your friends" keeps asking me to login. That is where I get the username/passwrd incorrect.

DaveAz, the device password is used for logging into other platforms such as the Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo sound systems for instance.

I'm not sure why your FB details are not being accepted now though. Would it be possible for you to try changing your FB password, just for a bit?

Suggested posts