Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get pass login screen

Solved!

Can't get pass login screen

Hi,  I've been using premium for quite a few months on my phone but as of last night, the system asked me to login again.  Now I can't get pass the login.  on the first login screen it asked for my facebook credentials.  I provide that and then it asks again if I want to start a new account or if I have an account. I say I have an account and it asks me for my credentials again.  This time it doesn't accept them. 

I'm on a Droid Bionic.  Any ideas out there?

Marty

84 Replies

Hi peeps!

I can't log in on Spotify on my android, although I can on fb and on my pc with the same username and password.

It just says: Login failed, The username or password is incorrect

I have reinstalled everything and I don't have any apps on for helping me to type it all that creates any extra space.

I have even changed the password on fb. Nothing helps.

What do I do? My head aches after trying to make it work for the past 2 days.

Puma

Marked as solution

Hey puma_tauchman- Have you tried the Android Preview that licenced posted above:  http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Your account is fine on our end. Does your Facebook password include any special characters? You might want to try changing it to something short and simple for the time being. 

Done & done...

Still doesn't work. 😞

Ok, we'll look into this further for you and let you know when we've got an update.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hey all, we've made a few changes to things now. Could you please let us know if you're still having issues logging in or not?

News either way would be great.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I can't log on my spotify account on android ( samsung galaxy s2). I can log on when im offline, but as soon as i go online i get thrown out. My friend tried to log into his account on my phone and it worked. 

Iv checked if there is space behind my accout name or password and there isnt.

What can i do to get this fixed. Its really anoying. 

Are you running the preview release: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ ?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I downloaded the only spotify app there was on the app store.

The preview release isn't in the Play store yet. Give it a try using the link in my last post
----------------

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Putting the correct login details in but the login screen just stays on and doesn't log in.

@miss_scissorhan wrote:

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Putting the correct login details in but the login screen just stays on and doesn't log in.

We had some (very) temporary login issues around the time of your post. Check the Twitter link in my signature for the full details.

Everything should be working now though.

when i try to logg inn i get this massage...

"spoify mobile consumes lagre amounts of data. if you stream music over mobile network, it important that you have a flat rate....."

tryed everyting. with wifi, data, reinstaling ...

k0c1 - Is this on the preview app that's been mentioned in the thread before? This preview isn't available from Google Play just yet, you can get it here though: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@k0c1 wrote:

when i try to logg inn i get this massage...

"spoify mobile consumes lagre amounts of data. if you stream music over mobile network, it important that you have a flat rate....."

Ensure there is not a space on the end of your username before hitting the login button. Some Android keyboards add one at the end of a word

----------------

I'm unable to login on my new mobile device even though I was logged in previously today on a mobile device....I just get a logging in please wait..... forever.

Any help?

I am having the same issues. I login with facebook and it throws me to the ancient Facebook mobile and aks if I want to sign up lol. It just keeps doing this circle over and over again. So I asked for a password reset and I don't get the friggin emails. But of course my receipt and service request email show right up. What is going on?

Why can't I login or get an email to set up a password for device?

Try installing or updating the facebook app.

Ok will do, thanks for the tip.

That did the trick, thanks for the help.

My spotify will not go past logging in... it stays on the log in screen and will not advance. Please can someone fix this problem

Suggested posts