Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't launch the app anymore

Solved!

Can't launch the app anymore

Hello,

Brief description of the issue:

Since yesterday morning, the Spotify App doesn't work anymore, on my 2 Android Devices at the same time.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

First I tried to reinstall the app (with a device restart before reinstalling) : the app is working until I log in with my Premium Account. After signing in, the app crashes, et it is not possible to launch it anymore, it crashes instantlyn, even after rebooting the device.

Then, I reinstalled the app (with the device restart) but I did not chose to log in with my account, but I created a new one. This WORKS... At this point, I come to the conclusion that my account is blocked, or something like this.

The problem is present on my 2 devices :

- Xiaomi MI5 (Android 6.0.1)

- Xiaomi MI Pad (Android 5.1)

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): PREMIUM (I was enjoying the 30 day trial and was willing to continue being premium...)

The app version of Spotify you’re using: on the 2 Android devices, the last version of the app (6.3.0.88).

Thank you for the help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found a temporary solution that works for me : 

- uninstall the app

- download the beta version (6.5.0.1745 beta) of the next update of Spotify from apk mirror and install it

- it works

As long as the spotify app is not updated officially on the play store, I will keep the beta installed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have had the exact same problem for 4 days now! I also have a Xiaomi (Redmi Note 3). Please, fix this issue or help us transfer playlists etc to new accounts!

Tried both reinstalling, rebooting, clearing all kinds of cache, but none of those attempts worked. I just tried logging in with my friends premium account, which works perfectly, so the problem must be associated to the account in some way.

Same thing with a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro. The problem may be caused by miui.

Me tooooo, please help fix this.!

Marked as solution

I found a temporary solution that works for me : 

- uninstall the app

- download the beta version (6.5.0.1745 beta) of the next update of Spotify from apk mirror and install it

- it works

As long as the spotify app is not updated officially on the play store, I will keep the beta installed.

Thank you, had the same problem, the beta version seems to be working for me too with the following parameters:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

Android 5.0.2

MIUI 7.2S+7.2.1.0

I hope this might be helpful, I am far (very) from beeing a IT wizard... 🙂 

Suggested posts