Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't like songs

Solved!

Can't like songs

I can't like songs. I've tried manually searching and liking, no luck. I've tried using the heart icon and the drop down list to select like, but no luck. My like playlist currently has 4548 songs, so it's not a limiting issue. No error comes up, just can't like anything. I've tried reinstalling twice and it still isn't fixed.

I have a premium account, and this is on a Samsung s8. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Greasynips

Thanks for your quick reply 🙂 

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?:

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll down to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

If afterwards the issue persists, could you log in with a friend's account on your phone and try to add a song to the Liked Songs playlist?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @Greasynips,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

On another note, could you let us know if this issue is also happening on a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I've followed the steps of a clean reinstall on both occasions. I just tried on my laptop, and it successfully liked the song. Still no luck on my mobile though.
Marked as solution

Hey @Greasynips

Thanks for your quick reply 🙂 

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?:

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll down to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

If afterwards the issue persists, could you log in with a friend's account on your phone and try to add a song to the Liked Songs playlist?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

I tried all the steps listed above, but I still can't like songs on my account on both my mobile phone and computer.

Hey @Wura,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

What are the brand, model and operating system of the mobile device? What happens when you try to like a song on both devices? Could you prepare a short screen recording of the experience?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Is this on phones? Because if it is it won't work for me, it already works on my phone but on my computer i can't like songs, when i try to like songs on my pc and i go in on my likes songs, the song isn't there and teh like buttton isn't green anymore.

Hi there @Men_va_FAN.

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

To begin with, we'll need to have more info about the situation. To do so, let us know if this happens on the desktop app or the Web Player. Additionally, let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps to fix it (e.g., a reinstallation, a soft reset, a different account), and send over the make, model, and OS version of the device, along with the Spotify version you're running.

Lastly, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts