Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in from my android, please help me..

Solved!

Can't log in from my android, please help me..

I have Premium, succesfully installed Spotify on my Android (HTC Wildfire S) and can't log in.

It comes up a message:

"Warning Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data. If you stream music over mobile networks, it's important that you have a flat rate (fixed price for data transfer) subscription. Please check with your mobile operator if you're uncertain."

I can't just click the OK-button and continue. What's wrong? I have a fixed price for data transfer and still it doesn't work.

What shall I do?

I'd be greateful for some help..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Everyone, 

Try making sure there isn't a space after your username when you log into the application.

There was an Android update not too long ago that occasionally added a space which resulted in this data message. Let me know how this works for you. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I Had the same problem.
Go to Settings->Applications and check if Spotify has a process still running - If it has force close.
This worked for me.

Marked as solution

i had this same problem, had swiftkey x as my default keyboard and it added a space each time i typed my login, and the box kept poppin up each time i logged on, when i tried to remove the space everytin worked as it should.

Marked as solution

Hi Boknowstecmo- Sounds like this is a similiar issue to the one in this thread.

Please be sure you're not running the swiftkey x app and remove any space after your username when logging in. 

Marked as solution

There is a preview avaialble for Spotify on Android 4.0: https://www.spotify.com/nl/download/previews/ , install it over your current spotify app and it's working fine!

27 Replies

I have the same problem. I have just uninstalled the app a couple of days ago trying to fix the app for crashing when hearing music in streaming, but now I can't log in, no matter if I try to log in with my facebook account or with my Spotify account, it gets stucked on that info pop-up.

Having the same issue.

Marked as solution

Hi Everyone, 

Try making sure there isn't a space after your username when you log into the application.

There was an Android update not too long ago that occasionally added a space which resulted in this data message. Let me know how this works for you. 

Nope, no blank effect,

Nothing works either after my 5th uninstalling and logging again.

Marked as solution

I Had the same problem.
Go to Settings->Applications and check if Spotify has a process still running - If it has force close.
This worked for me.

Thank you! It worked for me! 😄

Marked as solution

i had this same problem, had swiftkey x as my default keyboard and it added a space each time i typed my login, and the box kept poppin up each time i logged on, when i tried to remove the space everytin worked as it should.

Had an empty character at the end of my login field, removed it and it worked like a charm.  Thanks for the help!

Same problem - running HTC Desire HD with Ice Cream.

Used to be a very good app - now 'currently' worthless.

I removed that app and then reinstalled hoping to fix the problem - now I can't even log in, as it comes up with this warning message and won't allow me to move past it as it just reloads the message when I press ok: 'Warning' message: "Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data. If you stream music over mobile networks, it's important that you have a flat rate (fixed price for data transfer) subscription. Please check with your mobile operator if you're uncertain."

We've had a lot of our android blog users (themusicninja.com) contact us on twitter to query what is going on - we're about to post general advice to get out of dodge if this isn't fixed - also, for the monthly subscription, with a series of faults of this magnitude, we would have expected clearer communication from Spotify in terms of a broad based set of advice across media channels.

Very poor Spotify - you really do deserve a severe vote of no confidence for dragging your heals on this - if you didn't charge, no probs - but you do, and you're breaking your contractual terms in maintaining a viable service as you describe in your terms and conditions. 

We will be contacting all Android blogs on this matter tomorrow, so watch this space.

Hey John,

I've just moved your post over to this thread as I think it's the same issue. Hopefully you should get a notification message but in case you don't I just thought I'd explain.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

On Samsung Epic 4g. I login using my Facebook account and a warning message pops up letting me know that Spotify uses large amounts of data. I hit OK and the message pops back up. This never ends. Any ideas?
Marked as solution

Hi Boknowstecmo- Sounds like this is a similiar issue to the one in this thread.

Please be sure you're not running the swiftkey x app and remove any space after your username when logging in. 

I have recently encountered a very disturbing problem.

I cant log in. I logg in with my spotify name and password.

Then a small warning appears that warns me that spotify uses lot of data traffic and can be expensive. Only thing I can click on is OK button. I do that and the message appears again and again and again, probably forever.

How do I get pass this? I have used spotify on my mobile for like 1 year and never been any problems.

Try to reinstall spotify on phone, dont work.

Any suggestions someone, please?

Hi Dwimmer-  Sounds like you're experiencing the same issues as users in this thread.

Please check out the solutions above concerning the swiftkey x app. This update can add a space after your username which results in this data message. Let me know how this works for you. 

Hi, cannot login with my facebook account, changed my password and tried again, spotify app still not working well, but facebook app does accept credentials? Why???? tried 20 times but it keeps on asking after my credentials.

Marked as solution

There is a preview avaialble for Spotify on Android 4.0: https://www.spotify.com/nl/download/previews/ , install it over your current spotify app and it's working fine!

I had the problem where I was asked to login via Facebook or other, and when I chose Facebook I'd just get the green 'Logging In' animation. Restarted the phone, checked apps weren't running, I don't have the Swift keyboard. Logging into Facebook was never an issue. I tried updating Spotify but that made no difference. In the end what worked for me was uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Thankfully I have my playlists, but I have do waste precious bandwidth on downloads again. Sucks!

I have a spotify premium. And i cant log in to the app. Logging in uaing laptop or desktop is working.

Already did Uninstalled and installed the app, power cycle the device but still the same. Already tried to force stop the app still the same.

Need your assistance.

Are you logging in using your spotify username or with facebook @Jc8888? What actually happens when you try to log in - any error message?

Suggested posts