Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login on phone or tablet

Solved!

Can't login on phone or tablet

Hey
I have a free spotify account. And i can login on my PC with "B...@gmail.com but after reinstalling android on my phone and tablet i'm not able to login there anymore. When i write my username "b...@gmail.com" it brings me an error "!" and it says "Enter your Spotify username here. You can log in with Facebook above". This happends when i write the "@", and before I even write my password. I have created a lot of playlists and would be sorry to have to do that all over.

Can you please help me

Bernchou

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you also have a Facebook account tied to the gmail address? That is definitely a Facebook created account so not sure what is going on!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Peter.
Thanks again for your reply.
I logged out of fb, then logged in again with my Gmail account on fb. Then used fb to login on Spotify, then logged out og fb again and logged in on fb with my "real" account. And now everything works fine.
Again thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Logging in with an email address on the PC client authenticates via Facebook. Try logging in using Facebook as it suggests?

Peter

Hi Peter.
Thanks for your answer, but sorry you have to explain what that means to me.
I have tried to login via Facebook but this opens a new account without the Playlist I have made. I would rather stay in my old account so that I can use these still.
Bernchou

On the PC version, if you go to Help > Your Account what username is displayed on the page that opens?

Peter

Hi again Peter

Thanks you for taking your time helping me.

I really dont get it. Why can I use bernchou@gmail.com to login on the PC and cant use it on my mobile? Is that normal?

I cant use my username either to login on my phone. It still tells me to use facebook, but using this still logs in on a new account.

Bernchou

Username: 1145119795
Email address:

bernchou@gmail.com

When logging in using Facebook on your mobile device, are you logging into Facebook using that email address?

Peter

No. My Facebook is a Hotmail account while on Spotify I use my gmail
Marked as solution

Do you also have a Facebook account tied to the gmail address? That is definitely a Facebook created account so not sure what is going on!

Peter

Marked as solution

Hi Peter.
Thanks again for your reply.
I logged out of fb, then logged in again with my Gmail account on fb. Then used fb to login on Spotify, then logged out og fb again and logged in on fb with my "real" account. And now everything works fine.
Again thanks a lot.

Suggested posts