Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't logon to Android client - response is You're Offline

Solved!

Can't logon to Android client - response is You're Offline

Plan

Free

Country

Ireland

Device

Wileyfox Swift 2

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

See Subject.

Always get the same message, doesn't matter whether on WiFi (tried several different ISPs) or on 4G.

The app is up to date according to google store.

Log in without password generates an email verification (sometimes) but it still does not log me in.

Login using same credentials works fine in web browser on PC as does music playback.

"signin everywhere" in account overview is enabled and doesn't seem to make any difference.

The app was a fresh install and has never worked. Tried uninstall reinstall as well. No difference.

What is going on here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gurra11,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you open an incognito window on your PC. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can head here and reset your password.

If you've been more than 14 days abroad, you can follow these steps and change the country settings. Then you can try again resetting the password. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Issue wrap-up:

When I didn't get a response here, I opted for contacting Spotify customer service who told me the cause of this specific issue was the +14-day-abroad issue as also mentioned by Ver (incognito window would have made no difference - it is a red herring in this context).

I had foolishly disregarded +14-day-abroad as a probable cause, given that the web client worked, and that the error messages in android were leading me to look elsewhere for a solution.

Once I had corrected the country setting in Spotify, the android client was able to accept login.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Can no one help with this fundamental problem?

When the "log in without password" feature does send an email (which seems to only randomly happen), the link in the fresh email always results in a "This link has expired" popup in the android client.
Could I be running into some kind of limitation with the free account?
I don't particularly want to upgrade to the premium service with these kind of issues and having to rely on community support to fix them.

This still isn't working here. 

All logon attempts look like this (even though online both on WiFi and 4G). Had to use a photo because Spotify seems to disable screen shots:

P1010100.jpg

"Logon without Password" - "Get Link" always results in this when clicking the email link (which claims to be valid for 4 hours):

Screenshot_20201013-134753.png

Am I really the only person in the world with this issue?

Marked as solution

Hey @Gurra11,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you open an incognito window on your PC. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can head here and reset your password.

If you've been more than 14 days abroad, you can follow these steps and change the country settings. Then you can try again resetting the password. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Issue wrap-up:

When I didn't get a response here, I opted for contacting Spotify customer service who told me the cause of this specific issue was the +14-day-abroad issue as also mentioned by Ver (incognito window would have made no difference - it is a red herring in this context).

I had foolishly disregarded +14-day-abroad as a probable cause, given that the web client worked, and that the error messages in android were leading me to look elsewhere for a solution.

Once I had corrected the country setting in Spotify, the android client was able to accept login.

Suggested posts