Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't make music and playlists available offline any longer. Tried trouble shooting, didn't help

Can't make music and playlists available offline any longer. Tried trouble shooting, didn't help

Hi!

I can no longer download any playlist or music to make them available offline.

Found the following trouble shooting guide:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

However, the problem was not solved after B, so I need more help to solve it. See info below for template.

Thankful if anybody can help me

Cheers!

/Andreas

Description

When pressing "Available offline" slide function, the "blob" just temporarily moves into "green" area, then it goes back again. It keeps doing this no matter how much I try, even after the trouble shooting.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. Go to "My music" in the app

2. Pressed an album in "Album", let's say Arcade Fire - Reflektor

3. Then pressed the slide/blob to the right side of "Available offline"

4. The blob then temporarily moves to the right, but then after 0,1 or so moves back left. It will not stay to the right and enable the download.

What I expected to happen

When I press the green download button I expect the album/playlist to start downloading, but it won't

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.3

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

8.62 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

407 MB (our of 1.84 GB)

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

N/A GB

Is your device rooted?

No (don't know what it is)

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.9.13.24

My mobile provider and country

Telenor (Sweden)

My username

Ahrens

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

No

14 Replies

Hi. Can you try a clean install but this time follow the guide in my signature? There are some additional steps to take which may help.

Let me know how you get on.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for your help.

I tried the new trouble-shooting guideline but it still doesn't work.

However, I do not have more space on my SD card than on my phone. My SD card has a total space of 1.84 GB (where 407 MB are free), while my phone has a storage capacity of 16 GB (where 8.63 GB are free). I also checked what is stored on my SD card and it's just photos from my camera. All apps seem to by default be stored on my phone.

This also seemed like to setup for Spotify before my first clean install.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Rubbish. Try setting the quality to extreme and see if it'll switch to your larger storage drive.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi!

I changed to Extreme for both, and after streaming a rather long playlist it seems to have solved it.

At least to some degree. I can now make playlists offline, but albums are still not possible to make available offline.

The only current way of having them offline is if I create a playlist, which I then move all songs from an album into.

(In other words "My music" --> "Playlists" are possible to download, but not "My music" --> "Albums" (or Songs for that matter)).

Kind regards,

Andreas

It should certainly work for both albums & playlists. Can you try again tomorrow and see if you still can make playlists available offline but not albums?

Let me know!

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi!

Will do. I'll update you tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Hi!

I tried again this morning (and after re-starting my phone).

Through "My Music" --> "Albums" I still cannot make then available offline. The previous problem that the blob almost instantaneously moves back to the left is still there.

I also tried to download very long album (>140 tracks) if this would cause the cache location to move, but it didn't help.

What I found is that if I search for an album, say The Clash --> London Calling, and then press "save" and then try to download it / make it available offline, then the blob stays on the right side. However, no downloading of tracks is not initiated, so it only looks like it's available offline based on the blob.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Hi Daniel!

Do you have an update of what could be wrong?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Sorry for the delay, been a bit tied up (not literally). I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel!

Thanks a lot! And good to hear that you are not literally tied up. 😉

I've now contacted the Spotify Support. Hope for answer soon, otherwise I'll reming them as you recommend.

Thanks for you support and help!

Kind regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas

Did you manige to fix the issue in the end, as im having the same problem?

Hi Robert! I managed to solve it finally in the end. The issue was that I had saved too many albums in Spotify (incl. ones not available offline). After removing most of them, I was possible to make things available offline again. Think I reduced it down to 50 or so. Please let me know if it helps. Kind regards, Andreas

The whole 'available offline' button has disappeared... any ideas? Thanks

Maybe you reached the 3,333 limit?

Suggested posts