Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme data usage, even with Spotify stopped

My Android Spotify (premium account) is doing funny since about 14 days. While on 4G, during a song, the playback stops and the data usage increases significantly. Even when I quit (not kill!!!) Spotify, the data usage goes through the roof. I had on...

• Casual Listener
  • My Android Spotify (premium account) is doing funny since about 14 days. While on 4G, during a song, the playback stops and the data usage increases significantly. Even when I quit (not kill!!!) Spot...
  • Samaweto
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It's offline

My playlist is saying offline and I am trying to get it back online

• Regular
  • My playlist is saying offline and I am trying to get it back online
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with suggested songs

As firstI don't have a premium account...When I'm listening to my music , the suggested songs are played. I don't like these so when I try to change suggested songs another suggested song starts again and no longer allowed to play music that I really...

•  As first I don't have a premium account... When I'm listening to my music , the suggested songs are played. I don't like these so when I try to change suggested songs another suggested song s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue in Android Spotify

Hello, I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I have premium please help me.

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I h...
  • gtfMasterJohn
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bug?

Hello, I am new here so don't now how everything works yet. But i have a little question about something whitin Spotify. Tomorrow Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will release their new album; This unruly mess i've made.So i was listening some older Macklemor...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am new here so don't now how everything works yet.   But i have a little question about something whitin Spotify.   Tomorrow Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will release t...
  • Husky22
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Macklemore
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App will not close on android M

It keeps running in background even if I close the app. It's not in the Open Apps screen, the controller in the notification drawer is gone, yet it keeps playing without end. Most of the time I'd be ok with it but this is really hogging the battery a...

• Regular
  • It keeps running in background even if I close the app. It's not in the Open Apps screen, the controller in the notification drawer is gone, yet it keeps playing without end.    Most of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable activity sharing on Android

Hi all. I'm running Spotify on my Android device. Usually, I don't want my followers to view the songs I'm playing. At the moment, when I open up the Spotify app, I must enter the settings menu, then choose "Private mode" (or what it's called), befor...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.    I'm running Spotify on my Android device. Usually, I don't want my followers to view the songs I'm playing. At the moment, when I open up the Spotify app, I must enter the sett...
  • kenneho
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No storage area found

I can only listen to about one song and then spotify quits and tells me no storage area found. I have ample storage on both my sd card and internal storage. I've tried everything on the Web with no avail.

• Regular
  • I can only listen to about one song and then spotify quits and tells me no storage area found. I have ample storage on both my sd card and internal storage. I've tried everything on the Web with no a...
  • Jorge1995
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

short sporadic misfires in the title reproduction of sd card

I use Spotify Premium and have a problem with playing my offline stored music from a mobile phone. As cell phone I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1. In my phone is an microSDHC Samsung 64GB card. My problem is that it always comes back to i...

• I use Spotify Premium and have a problem with playing my offline stored music from a mobile phone. As cell phone I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1. In my phone is an microSDHC Samsung 64GB...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log in

I live in Mexico and I already have an acount, but I will be in Germany for 6 months and I can't log in anymore! What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I live in Mexico and I already have an acount, but I will be in Germany for 6 months and I can't log in anymore! What can I do?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Blutooth phone - equalizer don't work

Why the equalizer dont work with blutooth headphone? Some third party app to do that?

• Why the equalizer dont work with blutooth headphone? Some third party app to do that?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Bluetooth problems
    equalizer dont work
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Como retirar uma música da Playlist baixada?

Eu baixei a playlist sugerida do Spotify " Bonde do Funk " Porém tem umas músicas que eu não gosto e não consigo de jeito nenhum retirar.. Como faço?How to remove music of downloaded song list (playlist)?

• Casual Listener
  • Eu baixei a playlist sugerida do Spotify " Bonde do Funk " Porém tem umas músicas que eu não gosto e não consigo de jeito nenhum retirar.. Como faço? How to remove music of downloaded song list (p...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Remove music playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs on shuffle stop playing

I have the shuffle on, but songs will just so playing. Mostly in between songs. Then I have to hit the pause button twice for it to start back up. My husband is having the same issue. My only problem with this, is I use Spotify while driving. I can't...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the shuffle on, but songs will just so playing. Mostly in between songs. Then I have to hit the pause button twice for it to start back up. My husband is having the same issue. My only problem...
  • kumibb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android][Connect] Samsung Note 5 Menu Display Doesn't Appear

I would realy like Spotify to fix an issue that I have with my new phone (Samsung Note 5), that didn't exist perviously in my old one (Iphone 4s). On my iphone I could control the music with back, pause, and forward on a small display on my lock/main...

• Casual Listener
  • I would realy like Spotify to fix an issue that I have with my new phone (Samsung Note 5), that didn't exist perviously in my old one (Iphone 4s). On my iphone I could control the music with back, pa...
  • rjv323
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pc with android

So i find a playlist and follow it on my pc. I make this playlist aavailable offline (again on my pc). I open spotify on my android and i can see the playlist though it is not available offline? Do i have to select available offline again on my andro...

• Casual Listener
  • So i find a playlist and follow it on my pc.  I make this playlist aavailable offline (again on my pc).  I open spotify on my android and i can see the playlist though it is not available o...
  • hiphophead10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are pausing at random moments

Since the last update, I have a really big issue on my Spotify app... I don't know why the songs are pausing suddenly when I'm listening to music. Both offline and online music are pausing in different moments. I don't know what's happening... I have...

• Visitor
  • Since the last update, I have a really big issue on my Spotify app... I don't know why the songs are pausing suddenly when I'm listening to music. Both offline and online music are pausing in differe...
  • Marco_Romero
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • pause
    stop
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

How to identify offline content

Hello, As you can see from my screenshot I've put my phone into offline mode and selected an album that is not set to be available offline nor does it have any tracks with the green icon. Yet it will still play the track, I've tried doing this when I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    As you can see from my screenshot I've put my phone into offline mode and selected an album that is not set to be available offline nor does it have any tracks with the gre...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Como retirar uma música da Playlist baixada?

Eu baixei a playlist sugerida do Spotify " Bonde do Funk " Porém tem umas músicas que eu não gosto e não consigo de jeito nenhum retirar.. Como faço?How to remove music of downloaded song list (playlist)?

• Casual Listener
  • Eu baixei a playlist sugerida do Spotify " Bonde do Funk " Porém tem umas músicas que eu não gosto e não consigo de jeito nenhum retirar.. Como faço? How to remove music of downloaded song list (p...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Remove music playlist remover música songlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes playlists there but songs won't play

I installed Spotify Mac on my desktop last night and imported my playlists from iTunes. The playlists and contents show up on my LG V10 Sportify app but the songs won't play. Does Spotify act like Google Music and upload the songs to their servers be...

• I installed Spotify Mac on my desktop last night and imported my playlists from iTunes. The playlists and contents show up on my LG V10 Sportify app but the songs won't play.   Does Spotify ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Mobile crossfades without selecting option

Hello! For the past week or so (it may have been since I upgraded my app) my Spotify Mobile on my Android phone has been crossfading between songs. I double-checked my settings and the setting for crossfading is still set as 'off' so I don't know why...

• Hello! For the past week or so (it may have been since I upgraded my app) my Spotify Mobile on my Android phone has been crossfading between songs. I double-checked my settings and the setting for cr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crossfade
    Mobile
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes