Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play certain songs when connected via Bluetooth

Can't play certain songs when connected via Bluetooth

I have an Alexa Echo and a Samsung sound bar and when I'm Bluetoothing  to them I can't play certain songs as I just keep getting an error saying I can't play that song when connected to another device. I pay for a family premium and I'm pretty annoyed I'm being restricted to what I can listen to on what device. I don't know of this is a bug or something Spotify has brought in but it's annoying either way.

Anyone else having this or know what it is? 

4 Replies

I’m having this problem too. I have a google home, and I’m making a playlist for my wedding reception on Spotify premium. I ask google to shuffle the playlist and it does not play half of the songs. Like I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, and a few songs from the Once musical soundtrack. Outside of the playlist, just playing the song will work perfectly fine. 

Itd be nice to listen to my playlists—all of them!

Hi @Cestsquish. I assume you have a premium subscription and set things up as outlined here? Echo uses wifi to stream music so I'm guessing that bluetooth has nothing to do with this. Are the songs which won't stream local files which you imported into spotify by any chance?

@Agketchup your post has nothing whatsoever to do with the original post. Please search for a relevant thread or start a new one. Thanks.

Yes - iTunes and local music tracks will only paly on my computer  Other songs will play on Alexa nd other connected devices

Suggested posts