Can't play songs Android

Plan

Free

Device

Pixel 4XL

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have installed the Android Spotify App. Right now I am using Free mode. I alternate between Free and Paid from time to time.  The issue is that I can not play my music by song. Whether in Liked Songs or any of my Playlists, if I click on any song, I get a rotating circle and arrow around the play button and it plays for 11 seconds, than cuts out.

When I navigate to Liked Songs, it immediately shows my list. When I navigate to a Playlist, I don't see my list, only what appears to be a general random play. Larger play button on the right. This works, the songs play through. But I can select my own songs. If I go to the list in my Playlist, than I get the timed out circle again.

I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer. I've reinstalled the app a bunch of times. I used different wifi networks. I've used different profiles. I've tried using the Web Player, that just seems to default to the app. I have no problems on my PC Spotify for many years.

If anyone knows what exactly is going on, that would be helpful.  I'm super frustrated by now. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Skeeteroo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The described behavior is due to your account not having a Premium subscription. With a free account you have certain limitations on the ability to pick the songs or play playlists in an ordered fashion.

Also keep in mind, that some of the limitations may also not exist in the desktop app.

More on the differences between the subscription tiers you can find on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Skeeteroo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The described behavior is due to your account not having a Premium subscription. With a free account you have certain limitations on the ability to pick the songs or play playlists in an ordered fashion.

Also keep in mind, that some of the limitations may also not exist in the desktop app.

More on the differences between the subscription tiers you can find on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts