Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use media key to start music, only to control when the music is playing.

Can't use media key to start music, only to control when the music is playing.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Samsung S21+)

Operating System

(Android 12)

My Question or Issue

The music player is on the notification only with the play option, my phone is conected but I can't play music with the media key, to media key start to work I need to go on the Spotify and play the music manualy, and them whem the music is playing I can use the media key, the media key starts to work, but when I disconnect for a while, and the notification of the Spotify changes and the option of previous and next music dissapear on the notification, I can't play music again with the phone, only if I go to the app or the notification and play the music manually.

3 Replies

Hey there @maycon2_0,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed reply!

We'd love to help but we'll need to understand what the issue is in more detail. Do you mean that the Spotify controls notification stops being responsive after some time of inactivity or that it disappears eventually? Are you trying to control the app via headphones or directly through the phone?

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify version and, if possible, send us a video of what you're referring to.

Thanks in advance!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm trying to play music through the headphone and for the notification, both do not work, the problem gets worse now, the music don't play and a need close the app and open again to play music, sometimes the app play music, but do not pause or skip the music, if I go on the app, the media control is gone, like if are not plaing music, if I click in any music, the music play, but the media control do not shows, and I can't skip music or pause even in the app, the app come back if I close the app and open again, but after a time in background without play music, the app stops again, I'm living this terror every day withou a way to contact suport of the app, I restart the phone, reinstall the app, nothing seems to make the app get bak to work

Hi @maycon2_0!

What you're describing seems related to this ongoing issue that's being currently investigated, so feel free to check it out and share your feedback. As soon as there are any updates on this, rest assured we'll keep you posted there.

In the meantime, you can check if there's an update for your Spotify app. Some users report that version 8.7.22 did the trick for them, so check the Play Store if it's available to you.

We'll now go ahead and close this thread to keep the discussion centralized in the aforementioned thread.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts