Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceling premium

Canceling premium

So for the last semester my roommate has been mooching off my spotify premium on his android device. I asked him to log out and he will not do it, and I cannot do it because I don't know his password. My question is: If I cancel my subscription to Spotify Premium will it automatically log him out of my spotify? If he does get logged out, when I renew my subscription will it automatically log him back in to the program? Im trying to keep him out of my spotify permanently. Will this tactic work?

9 Replies

Instead of cancelling, why don't you just change the password to your Spotify account?

Hey!

Now that's some roommate you got there...

But you don't need to go so far as to cancel your subscription. Just change your password here.

Then post in this topic and the moderators will kick him off. 😉

I don't think you have to post just to kick someone off... just changing the password and then playing a song on your device will stop his room mate from using it the very moment he/she presses play.

Well it's a bit tricky for the mobile device.

Because the password is saved in the cache of the device, hence he could still use the old password on that device.

So the kicking off is necessary, eventhough you've changed the password. 😉

If the password is stored in the cache and a password change won't work, what's my other option? Since getting into his phone isn't an option, and he wouldn't even tell me if it was logged out.

Just follow the instructions of my first post.

The 2nd post was just for Jerq, explaining why only a password change isn't enough.

The password is stored in the cache, until he logs out. Since he probably doesn't want to do this, the moderators in this thread will log you out on any devices. After that, when he tries to log in again, it will not work anymore with the old password. 😉

I see what you're saying Premify, although, I find that extra step to be a bother.  But if it works, you just can't argue with it until someone comes up with a better method.

Hey 🙂 

Sorry to pip-in here, but a solution to this problem has been suggested by neo-x over on the Ideas Exchange here. 

He suggests Spotify implement a Self Service portal for things like this, meaning you could easily kick everyone off your login if you liked. I would ask you to add your kudos and comments to the topic 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the help.

Suggested posts