Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

This is how I solved all of my problems with the Android app

Okay, so, first, my issues with the app were: after downloading a playlist, some time later when trying to play it offline it suddenly appeared as not downloaded (very frustrating) local files not synching tracks not showing up in app general frustra...

• Music Fan
  • Okay, so, first, my issues with the app were:   after downloading a playlist, some time later when trying to play it offline it suddenly appeared as not downloaded (very frustrating) loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong facebook-account

Somebody else is logging im to my spotify-account with his facebook-account. I registered with my e-mail. How can I change to my own facebook? I have another persons name and picture. I even have his friends on my list. If I log in with my own facebo...

• Casual Listener
  • Somebody else is logging im to my spotify-account with his facebook-account. I registered with my e-mail. How can I change to my own facebook? I have another persons name and picture. I even have his...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local tracks to android.

FAQ says: You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music filesConnect your computer and phone to the same WiFi networkOpen Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • FAQ says:   You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device. Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music files ...
  • Boj61
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not open right

Well, I downloaded the app today (I have Sprint's Nexus) and for the first time it worked well. But then when I got out of work, I tried to stream it through my car but it kept loading. And loading. And still loading. I thought it was a connection pr...

• Well, I downloaded the app today (I have Sprint's Nexus) and for the first time it worked well. But then when I got out of work, I tried to stream it through my car but it kept loading. And loading. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

search and syncing not working ?

Anyone not getting list synced and not getting search to work on their android devices ? works fine on my computer on the same internet connection ... and yes I have a premium subscription...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone not getting list synced and not getting search to work on their android devices ? works fine on my computer on the same internet connection ... and yes I have a premium subscription... &nbsp...
  • hishmacla
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing tracks on Android

So yeah On my desktop I have everything and all my tracks, But on my Android I have 7 Tracks per playlist and starred, where i had 44 on my main playlist and 58 on my starred list... Anyone else having this problem and could help sorting it out ? ple...

• Regular
  • So yeah On my desktop I have everything and all my tracks, But on my Android I have 7 Tracks per playlist and starred, where i had 44 on my main playlist and 58 on my starred list... Anyone else havi...
  • Panacotta
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

instantly crashes after login

hi! I am currently on a samsung galaxy note, how ever ive had the same problems with my htc desire hd and sensation. The app crashes after the update. Every time. Ive tried all the steps here in the forum. I also tried formating the sd card and tried...

• Visitor
  • hi! I am currently on a samsung galaxy note, how ever ive had the same problems with my htc desire hd and sensation. The app crashes after the update. Every time. Ive tried all the steps here in th...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i paid for unlimited and was charged the 4.99 still cant play tracks a week later

every time i log in everything is available, the only thing is everything is in light grey and says track not available. I have tried everything including reinstalling and the problem is still there. i sent out two emails to spotify for help last wee...

• Casual Listener
  • every time i log in everything is available, the only thing is everything is in light grey and says track not available. I have tried everything including reinstalling and the problem is still there....
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

error 403

I tried to download Spotify free, but still got the message error 403. Therefore I shut down Wifi (was recommended), but that didn't help either, error 923. What can I do to install Spotify on my mobile? Hannes

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to download Spotify free, but still got the message error 403. Therefore I shut down Wifi (was recommended), but that didn't help either, error 923. What can I do to install Spotify on my m...
  • DvdBerg
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs available

Just curious as to why I'm not able to play all the songs in my playlist on my phone?

• Just curious as to why I'm not able to play all the songs in my playlist on my phone?
  • apgoldst
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing randomize, back and forward controls

Hi, since last update of spotify I'm missing the option to put a playlist in random, and the forward / back-buttons in my HTC Sensation S running android 4.0.4. I must say i hate to have lost those options, when in a car driving alone you want to put...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, since last update of spotify I'm missing the option to put a playlist in random, and the forward / back-buttons in my HTC Sensation S running android 4.0.4.   I must say i hate to have...
  • Tanween
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! listening to radio broadcast on android device

Apologies if this has been asked previously: I know I can listen to radio using desktop version of Spotify. Question is: how do I listen to / see the radio station listings while using my Android phone. All I seem to be able to do with the device is ...

• Apologies if this has been asked previously:  I know I can listen to radio using desktop version of Spotify.  Question is:  how do I listen to / see the radio station listings while us...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not working in samsung galaxy s3

Hi, Spotify is not working in my new phone. When I dowload the playlist and try to play the song it simply says: Song not available. I really don't know what I am doing wrong, tried downloading again and again. Please help!

• Hi,   Spotify is not working in my new phone. When I dowload the playlist  and try to play the song it simply says: Song not available. I really don't know what I am doing wrong, tr...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC one V compatible with spotify?

Is the HTC One V compatible with spotify when using a SDHC 16GB card?

• Is the HTC One V compatible with spotify when using a SDHC 16GB card?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i need help please! so frustrated!

ok so im connected to the same network and my phone is too, i have the spotify app on my phone, and i have the desktop app on my computer, i have subscribed to the premium subscription, my computer can download offline playlists but my phone cant. i ...

• ok so im connected to the same network and my phone is too, i have the spotify app on my phone, and i have the desktop app on my computer, i have subscribed to the premium subscription, my computer c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

proportion of songs available in 'extreme' quality

hi all i've searched many forums and websites for the answer to this but nobody seems to know. please can somebody help me clarify - no speculation here, i need a definite answer - what fraction of the songs currently on the spotify library are avail...

• Casual Listener
  • hi all   i've searched many forums and websites for the answer to this but nobody seems to know. please can somebody help me clarify - no speculation here, i need a definite answer - what fr...
  • egerton
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Your lack of Android attention is causing me to cancel my subscription.

The Android app was in a sorry state for a long time, until I discovered the beta that was available. Downloaded that, and while it was marginally better it still had its bugs and crashed from time to time. I thought that was over with the "official"...

• Music Fan
  • The Android app was in a sorry state for a long time, until I discovered the beta that was available. Downloaded that, and while it was marginally better it still had its bugs and crashed from time t...
  • reks
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

This is getting embarassing..

How long has it been since the last update? We are still unable to do something as simple as save our freaking downloads to external SD. This should have been one of the FIRST things you should have got working since you are seriously limiting people...

• Gig Goer
  • How long has it been since the last update?    We are still unable to do something as simple as save our freaking downloads to external SD. This should have been one of the FIRST things...
  • SteveBrammer
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! When will the spotify app be on the market for ICS users?

And how is this going to effected by JB? Also, where can I get the latest app for ICS? the one im running now wont save my downloaded playlists and makes me to redownload them again and again..

• Regular
  • And how is this going to effected by JB?   Also, where can I get the latest app for ICS? the one im running now wont save my downloaded playlists and makes me to redownload them again and ag...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Search in the new client shows only five first results for artists and albums?

I must be missing something here?On the desktop client i can click to get next five artist results e.g. but on the mobile client i cant find the possibility.-Dennis

• I must be missing something here? On the desktop client i can click to get next five artist results e.g. but on the mobile client i cant find the possibility. -Dennis
  • Curious
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes