Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads don´t delete

Solved!

Downloads don´t delete

Dear all

I am using the premiuim service on my android phone. All is working well. But I just noticed a problem:

When I want to delete a downloaded playlist I touch on the downloaded playlist and chose "do not download". I deleted today two playlist with over 200 songs. But the space on my sd memory card didn´t grew up. It´s the same like before deleting the playlist.

On the previous version of the app I rember, that there was a function in the settings called "delete all offline playlists". But I can´t find it now.

How can I make sure that downloaded playlists are really deleted from my sd memory card?

Thank you very much for your help in advance

All the best from Germany

Dennis

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

The Spotify android application will maintain those files which you have marked no longer to be downloaded for a while in its local file cache, just incase you have marked it by mistake and really do want to keep them. Deleting them straight away would be a massive waste of bandwidth if that was the case. They will be removed automatically by the application in due time, if you would rather delete all your local storage, you can do so manually by following the first few instructions in the android troubleshooting post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

The Spotify android application will maintain those files which you have marked no longer to be downloaded for a while in its local file cache, just incase you have marked it by mistake and really do want to keep them. Deleting them straight away would be a massive waste of bandwidth if that was the case. They will be removed automatically by the application in due time, if you would rather delete all your local storage, you can do so manually by following the first few instructions in the android troubleshooting post.

Peter

Peter

Thank you Peter, very helpful!

How long does it take (how many days) until they are definitely deleted?

I am not sure, I don't think that information is ever released by Spotify.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts