Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Change Download Storage

Cannot Change Download Storage

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android Pie (9)

My Question or Issue

I recently tried to download songs onto my phone from the Spotify App and by default the songs are loaded into the SD card. I've tried changing the storage as per the instructions here; however, tapping on storage does not bring up a prompt for anything.

3 Replies

Hello @tshum ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Have you given Spotify storage permissions? If not, try that before changing the storage location on Spotify.

Phone settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Toggle the storage permission on.

Let me know if it works!

🙂

I just tried giving Spotify permission to my storage and I still do not get a prompt when I tap on storage.

Hey there @tshum,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you've made sure that all permissions are enabled and good to go but you're still having troubles seeing the option to store your downloads to your SD card, we'd recommend checking the following:

• Your SD card is available and accessible.
  • Your SD card is formatted as portable. 
  • Your SD card isn't encrypted.

If you're still having troubles seeing the option to store your downloads in your external SD card, we'd suggest trying with another SD card.

If that does the trick, it'd be a good idea checking the original SD card for errors. You can find more info on how to do that based on instructions from your card's manufacturer.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts