Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot LOG OUT of Last FM. Wrong username or password error

Cannot LOG OUT of Last FM. Wrong username or password error

Months ago I stupidly enabled 'Scrobble to Last.FM'. I entered my username and password for Last FM very carefully. It was accepted. two days later I decided NOT to scrobble. I went to the Spotify page on my phone (Android) and toggled OFF scrobbling.

15 mins later I had an error ' Last.FM Error- Wrong username or password'. Uh? I looked at phone. 'Scrobble to Last FM' is now switched on again. So I switched it off.

15 mins later ....I had an error 'Last.FM Error- Wrong username or password'. Uh? I looked at phone. 'Scrobble to Last FM' is now switched on again. So I switched it off.

A couple of hours go by.  I had an error 'Last.FM Error- Wrong username or password'. Uh? I looked at phone. 'Scrobble to Last FM' is now switched on again. So I switched it off.

This has repeated for MONTHS.

I listen on a PC (windows), Sonos, and an Android phone. I have done the following things (these are the main ones)

Cancelled my LAST.FM account

Uninstalled and re-installed every Spotify client

Deleted ALL caches for ALL apps and Programs (even those that have similar spellings to last.fm or spotify)

Reinstalled my phone by doing a factory reset.

Re-installed Sonos

I am now at the point where I get an 'Error cannot scrobble to Last.fm Wrong user name or password' EVERY time I open on my phone. Each time the 'scrobble switch is on and the (now defunct) username is filled in and the password is blank. God alone knows where it gets that from!!

In my innocence I would have thought that SWITCHING OFF something would actually SWITCH IT OFF. This is obviously not the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

6 Replies

Do you have the last fm app installed on your android?

No Last.fm on phone, or anywhere else for that matter 😞

Since I no longer have a Last.fm account I suspect the problem is with Spotify. but I've no proof of that.

It could be 'stuck' against your profile in the spotify server. I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here or on Twitter using the handle @SpotifyCares.

Note: When emailing you will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

After a year from the original post, I have the same problem!

Happy New Year Spotify scrobble bug!

I have the same problem since I used Last.fm scrobbling and deactivated. 

Suggested posts